The Jewish Federations of North America represents 146 Jewish Federations and over 300 Network communities, which raise and distribute more than $3 billion annually for social welfare, social services, and educational needs. The Jewish Federation system, collectively among the top 10 charities on the continent, builds and sustains flourishing Jewish communities in North America and protects and enhances the well-being of the State of Israel and the Jewish people worldwide.
The External Communications team at JFNA is responsible for setting and executing the organization’s communications strategy and messaging objectives. It creates content for assets such as JewishFederations.org and various social media platforms, as well as interfacing with the press. In addition, it serves as both a resource and sounding board to federation professionals across the country.
The Jewish Federations of North America seek a Social Media Manager to work with the Communications and Marketing teams on developing and implementing the organization's social media strategy. The Social Media Manager has a strong feel for the style and vernacular of popular platforms, has their finger on the pulse of ever-changing communications styles, and has a knack for creating catchy content that is evocative, humorous, thought-provoking, and informative.
Please note that JFNA staff are working remotely for the foreseeable future; therefore, applicants do not need to live in the Washington, DC metro area to be considered for the position.
- Work to develop and implement the organization’s social media strategy
- Explore innovative ways to tell JFNA’s story online, using photos, video and text
- Create and schedule a calendar of social media posts, monitor social media channels, and respond to external users where appropriate
- Identify and cultivate relationships with strategic social media influencers
- Develop specialized campaigns for events and conferences, public policy efforts, and JFNA-powered programs
- Coordinate closely with the marketing team to keep a consistent visual style and voice
- Partner with JFNA team members across the organizations to help strengthen our social media messaging and content
- Create social media templates and run training webinars for local federations
- Collaborate on evaluating and updating messaging goals and strategy
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in social media
- Experience using backend software and tools to plan and evaluate social media campaigns
- Strong familiarity with a variety of social networks, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and TikTok
- Ability to interpret analytics data and draw conclusions from them
- Basic video editing skills
- A deep sense of creativity and curiosity
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- The ability to work well with teams
Please send a résumé, cover letter, and links to 3-5 work samples to Niv.Elis@jewishfederations.org with the subject line “Social Media Manager.”