The Jewish Federation of Volusia and Flagler Counties is the central organization for the Jewish population of Volusia and Flagler counties and is dedicated to fostering Jewish values and promoting the quality of Jewish life. The Federation is further committed to the unity of the Jewish community, welfare of the state of Israel, and helping those in need both locally and nationally.
- Maintain oversight of the management and operations of the Federation.
- Oversee, support, develop, and implement programming for Jewish community members (ranging from early childhood through senior citizens) that develops and strengthens Jewish identity, broadens knowledge of global Jewry, and fosters Jewish values.
- Maintain a strong commitment to Judaism, the Jewish people, and the welfare of the State of Israel.
- Develop and nurture ongoing relationships within the community, including major donors, new participants and local synagogues.
- Collaborate with synagogues to enhance unity in the Jewish community.
- Utilize fundraising skills to coordinate fundraising efforts and philanthropy, initiate and oversee the annual campaign, and allocate funds appropriately (with guidance by and support of the Board).
- Develop and manage volunteers and committees.
- Prepare an annual operating budget to be approved by the Board of Directors.
- Oversee Social Services including, but not limited to “Safety Net” - assistance for people in need, crisis relief (tornado, hurricane, local disasters).
- Oversee current “signature programs” – Food Bank and Backpack Program.
- Support initiatives in Israel (for example, building classroom/bomb shelters, funding fire engines).
- Assure compliance with federal, state, and local government regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong leadership, organization, communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- A proven record of leadership and management experience including management of staff and volunteers
- Experience with non-profit organizations (grant writing a plus)
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Familiarity with various social media platforms
Please submit a current resume and cover letter to Jfedsearch@gmail.com