Our award-winning preschool is hiring! Come make a difference in the lives of our communities’ children and their families. A rewarding career can be found at the Pennie Z. Davis Early Learning Center and other departments within our organization.
Primary Purpose of Job
The Early Learning Center (ELC) Director, under the supervision of the Executive Director, is responsible for providing outstanding professional leadership and management of the ELC. She/he sets the highest standards of operation to provide the finest early childhood education program in Omaha and throughout the country.
Full-time, 40+ hours/week, Monday-Friday, on call after hours
About our School
The Pennie Z. Davis Early Learning Center offers the best early childhood experience available for children ages six weeks through five years. With a staff of 50+ and 200 students, both full and part-time, we provide an excellent introduction to the child’s learning experience. Our center is a 20,000 square foot building with 11 classrooms, providing a warm, home-like experience for all. The Pennie Z. Davis ELC is on the campus of the Jewish Federation of Omaha.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field required – Master’s Degree preferred.
- Five plus years of management and supervisory experience in an educational environment, early education preferred. Experience in practical classroom settings, program planning implementation, and staff supervision skills.
- A preferred knowledge of Jewish life, traditions and culture or willingness to learn. The JCC provides educational training on Judaism. An ability to integrate Judaic concepts appropriately in programming, the environment and with staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- CPR and First Aid certified or can obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid certification within three months of employment as Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Curriculum and Program
- Create and communicate a vision for the ELC.
- Ensure design and implementation of an integrated, Jewish, developmentally appropriate curriculum in an environment which maximizes the opportunities for growth and enrichment.
- Foster a nurturing and engaging atmosphere which reflects respect and compassion that is supportive of and accessible to children, families and staff.
- Utilize as many resources as possible in implementing an outstanding Jewish education program as an integral component of the overall ELC curriculum.
- Demonstrate creativity in developing new programming.
- Hire, develop, supervise and evaluate qualified staff to manage the ELC.
- Create opportunities for staff to continue to learn in formal and informal settings with professional growth plans, supporting them on a path to achieve mutually agreed upon goals.
- Monitor staff compensation and make changes if necessary with the Executive Director approval.
- Conduct staff satisfaction surveys. Use the results to improve practices.
- Supervise scheduling.
- Approve payroll.
- Approve/deny PTO & sick requests.
- Create a partnership relationship with preschool families.
- Assist/guide children, families, and staff with Jewish holiday celebrations. Those include weekly Shabbat and other designated Jewish holidays.
- Help recruit families to the ELC through workshops, programming and open houses.
- Consistently treat children with dignity, respect and compassion.
- Provide tours to prospective families with follow through.
- Coordinate individual child, classrooms, and ELC-wide parent communications.
- Conduct parent satisfaction surveys. Use the results to improve practices.
- Manage registration with parents.
- Ensure that the ELC meets all standards established by the State of Nebraska.
- Maintain NAEYC accreditation.
- Manage all financial aspects of the ELC with the budget and accounting policies and procedures of the JCC.
- Ensure the best care and maintenance of the ELC facilities. This includes housekeeping and maintenance with the highest standard of cleanliness and safety.
- Coordinate with Central Services to maintain best practices for the ELC.
- Coordinate online content updates. Those include the website and social media.
- Maintain dietary laws of the facility.
- Work closely with the ELC parent committee.
- Participate in JCC projects and assignments outside of the ELC from time to time including supervision of other staff as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Other related duties as required or assigned
Interested individuals can email their resumes to email@example.com