Known as a paradise for outdoor lovers and one of the most beautiful places to live in the USA, Utah is nothing short of extraordinary, as is its Jewish community which has grown exponentially over the last 5 years. The United Jewish Federation of Utah, located in Salt Lake City and serving the entire state, has a newly created position for an Associate Director to partner with the Executive Director in attracting the next generation of donors and community leaders. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated ability as a consistent campaign fundraiser, a passion for building community through volunteer engagement and fund development activities, a desire to grow in all aspects of leadership, and a passion for the work of the Jewish Federation.
- Create and implement strategies designed to develop, recruit, train, and inspire campaign volunteers.
- Plan and coordinate campaign-related events, including annual gala, summer party, and donor thank you events.
- Design and implement a moves management system to identify, cultivate, steward and solicit donors across all donor categories.
- Cultivate corporate and individual sponsorships for programs, events, and initiatives.
- Collaborate with Executive Director, Campaign Chair, and Marketing Coordinator in the development of campaign collateral materials.
- Oversee Affinity Group activities including Women’s Philanthropy, Women’s and Men’s Programming.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Life & Legacy Committee.
- Help to strengthen and develop board operations and leadership.
- Serve as an ambassador of the Jewish Federation and Jewish community while deepening relationships with community and commerce leaders and members of the interfaith community.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of fundraising experience in a donor-centric environment.
- Resourceful self-starter with a “can do” attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Tech savvy with demonstrated ability with donor software and CRMs.
- Exceptional relationship building and leadership skills.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends in support of events and programs.
- 15 Days PTO
- Contribution toward health insurance and retirement
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work environment
- JCC Membership
- Salary: $68,000 - $72,000
UJF of Utah is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Jobs@shalomutah.org