About the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit:
As the primary instrument of Jewish philanthropy and engagement in the Detroit area, we are a community-driven organization committed to taking care of the needs of the Jewish people and building a vibrant Jewish future, in metropolitan Detroit, in Israel and around the world.
About Federation’s Affinities Department:
With the goal of creating varied and meaningful entry points into Federation and engaging the Gen X demographic, Federation’s Affinities Department was created six years ago, and today is one of Detroit Federation’s most successful departments, housing a long list of professional and special interest groups, mission/leadership/ community education programs, large-scale community events, and serving as a convener and connector for Gen Xers into Federation and the Detroit Jewish community.
As a member of Federation’s Affinities Department’s team, the Affinities Program Associate will oversee and implement affinity group programming and initiatives both for defined segments of the Gen X demographic, along with the broader Detroit Jewish Gen X community.
The Affinities Department Program Associate position offers the right person a unique opportunity to make a meaningful difference in our community — as well as to explore, learn and grow as a professional.
Who are we looking for?
- A highly creative and entrepreneurial individual who is driven to succeed
- A team-player who can work well with a passionate group of professionals and lay leaders
- A self-starter who can manage a variety of tasks and details while serving a big-picture goal
- A dynamic and innovative programmer who can plan and oversee a slate of events and programs to reach and engage Gen Xers throughout the community
- A community-minded individual who is committed to building a better Jewish future and relationships with Jewish Detroit Gen Xers
- Work with Affinities staff and leadership to strategize, develop and implement innovative and exceptional programs and events
- Develop and lead events and programs on a variety of scales
- Meet one on one with individuals looking to get involved with Affinities
- Cultivate effective relationships with lay leaders, donors and colleagues
- Solicit gifts at telethons and/or face-to-face meetings
- Assist in programs and identify new individuals for outreach
- Assignments may include support to or collaboration with other departments as needed
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong team player
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Experience with social media tools
- Passionate about supporting and growing our Affinities offerings, while strengthening Jewish identity and connection to Detroit Jewish life, Federation, and Israel
- Strong cultivation/engagement skills and programming experience
- Familiarity with Jewish culture and the Jewish community
- An ability to handle multiple projects efficiently and effectively
- Must be able to work some evenings and some weekends
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media tools
Click here: https://jfmd.applytojob.com/apply/D97JmRIEQ9/Affinities-Department-Program-Associate