The Community Security Service, a group of volunteers, works with SCN (Secure Community Network), supported by Federations and the Conference of Presidents, to protect local synagogues post-Paris attacks. Mark Zuckerberg, co-founder and chief executive of Facebook, announces he will donate 99% of his Facebook shares, valued at about $45 billion, to charity over the course of his lifetime.
- Jewish Week—Who'll stop the rain? Post-Paris security
- New York Times—Mark Zuckerberg vows to donate 99% of his Facebook shares for charity
Meanwhile, Federations are featured in Los Angeles, South Palm Beach County, Pittsburgh, Heart of New Jersey and New Haven.
- Times of Israel—Israel tech helps the deaf "hear" and the blind "see"
- Boca News Now—Former hostage Alan Gross to headline Jewish Federation event
- Trib Live—Pittsburgh region%u2019s philanthropic sector at top of nation's pack
- New Jersey Jewish News—Super Sunday brings in total of $200,000
- Hartford Courant—IDF musical ensemble, menorah lightings, parties Chanukah celebrations