Reports To: President & CEO
Salary: $120,000 - $125,000
As a collaborative and proactive member of the leadership team, contribute to setting the direction, tone, and culture of the organization.
- Serve as a strategic partner with the CEO and the leadership team in the management of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis (Federation).
Develop overall financial and business management strategy, including risk management and compliance, in ways that meet and move forward the organization’s overall mission and strategy.
- Provide financial analysis for major organization decisions. Work to align resources with the short-term and long-term objectives and strategies of the organization.
- Ensure the accuracy, integrity, understanding, and timeliness of financial information and the existence of internal controls over Federation financial reporting in order to safeguarding financial assets.
- Establish and maintain process improvement by providing accountability through measurements, metrics, tools, and processes required to achieve Federation goals.
- Lead all risk management activities for the Jewish Federation and the Jewish Community Insurance Pool ensuring adequate protection of Federation resources and assets.
- Ensure adequate cash flow and liquidity to support the needs of the Federation.
- Manage relationships with banks and other financial institutions.
- Coordinate the completion of the annual audit and 990 with the external auditors.
Provide strategic supervision for: Finance, Information Systems, Facilities, Database & Application support, and Community Security.
- Ensure the development, implementation, and monitoring of best practices in Federation administrative functions; finance, information systems technology, investments, database administration, facilities, security and risk management.
- Provide management of information systems through effective application and network support and by safeguarding Federation and constituent information.
- Develop and implement practices and procedures to ensure the safety and security of staff and visitors, the protection of physical and digital property, and awareness and preparedness for the Federation and the Millstone Campus.
Provide the highest level of client service and responsiveness to all stakeholders, internal and external, lay and professional, while demonstrating high standards of professionalism and transparency.
- Support the Board of Directors, CEO, Management Team, and Staff in their efforts to achieve the strategic vision of the Federation.
- Provide staff partnering and leadership for the Budget Finance and Administration, Investment, and Audit Committees.
- Partner with the VP of Development to ensure the development, implementation, and monitoring of best practice donor services and processes.
- Partner with the Director, Human Resources and Workplace Culture to provide quality and cost-effective employee benefits and payroll services.
- Partner with the VP of Community Impact to provide tracking and reporting of community investments.
- Provide leadership in resolving and complying with all legal, financial, benefit, regulatory and tax matters impacting the Federation.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of successful management and leadership experience in all aspects of accounting, finance, investment management, and risk management.
- CPA and/or MBA strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in nonprofit fund accounting.
- Demonstrated track record in personnel management and evaluation, budgeting, financial reporting, strategic thinking, and decision making.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board members, community leaders and partners, and other outside partners.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical and complex information to a non- technical audience.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with staff, lay leaders, and community leaders.
- Capacity to multi-task and take on new projects seamlessly.
- Demonstrated understanding and strong personal commitment to the Federation mission preferred.
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team; the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly.
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis is the community’s central philanthropic, planning and community-building organization. Founded in 1901, it is one of the region’s largest and oldest nonprofit organizations. Federation is committed to the development and enhancement of a thriving, vibrant Jewish community through the support of approximately 100 local, national and international agencies, programs, services and innovative projects.
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis offers an extensive benefits package including health, dental, 403(b), paid vacation, paid holidays, sick and personal time, life insurance, LTD and more.
Jewish Federation of St. Louis is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration.