Salary: $225K - $250K
Overview and History:
The Jewish United Fund (JUF) of Chicago is one of the top Jewish Federations and one of the largest humanitarian organizations in the United States. Driven by the Annual Campaign, the engine of its work for over 120 years, JUF continues to fund and provide life-saving services and life-enriching experiences for people of all faiths in Chicago, and Jews in Israel and around the world. JUF delivers inspiring results by engaging donors, planning and research, marshaling resources, allocating to meet needs, and embracing strong relationships with organizational partners and collaborative funders. Focused on impact, dollars raised and engagement opportunities, JUF’s work is made possible by generations of generosity, guided by Jewish values and the innate understanding of the importance of a caring community.
JUF seeks a strategic, people-centric, philanthropic professional to provide leadership, innovative approaches and management of its $90M+ Annual Campaign. The Vice President, Annual Campaign will supervise a talented team of 50+ and in partnership with the JUF Board and lay leaders, the President and Senior Executive Team, will set the pace and tone for a growing historic Federation Annual Campaign. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, they will lead day-to-day management, provide oversight and supervise execution of events, programs and activities that support the Annual Campaign with an overall goal of campaign growth and expansion.
- Working in partnership with the Chief Development Officer and senior leadership teams, build and advance strategic fundraising initiatives to grow the Annual Campaign for the future
- Mentor and supervise multiple direct reports and their teams to provide leadership, clarity and strategy regarding the Annual Campaign and overall fundraising at JUF
- Participate in the campaign as an active Donor Officer, raising major gifts from cultivated as well as current JUF donors and leaders
- Partner with Campaign Chairs and other lay leadership to build upon the strengths of the current campaign and to develop new campaign strategies
- Engage teams in creating new, innovative approaches within their respective areas of responsibility within the campaign.
- Represent the campaign and JUF to both internal and external stakeholders, staff and lay leadership
- Provide thought-partnership to the Chief Development Officer in the creation of an overall strategic plan for the next phase of JUF’s comprehensive philanthropic achievements
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree required
- 8+ years of development experience: direct solicitation experience as well as supervision and management of fundraising teams
- Big-picture mindset; comfort and experience in strategic fundraising planning
- Strong team management, culturebuilding, supervision, mentorship, consensus building and leadership abilities
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Ability and desire to work closely with key stakeholders
- Major gift face-to-face solicitation, donor cultivation and stewardship experience
- Advanced understanding of fundraising data and metrics as well as budgeting experience
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, and public speaking)
- Authentic personal connection to the Jewish community, relevant issues of Jewish communal life, and familiarity with Jewish calendar and lifecycle
Please submit a resume & cover letter to Sue Sherr-Seitz, Evolve Giving Group: email@example.com
JUF is an equal opportunity employer.