DEPARTMENT: Impact and Growth
The Jewish Federations of North America (“JFNA”) consist of 146 Jewish Federations and dozens of Network communities which collectively raise and distribute more than $3 billion annually to support flourishing Jewish life and the needs of the Jewish people in their home communities and around the world. The Jewish Federation system, among the top 10 charities on the continent, leads the largest network of volunteer and professional leaders who build and sustain Jewish communities that are healthy, safe, caring, welcoming and inclusive, educated and engaged, involved in the broader community, and deeply connected to Israel and the global Jewish people.
The Strategic Analyst role will be a key part of a team responsible for using data, analytics, and digital strategies in a commercially sophisticated way to grow flourishing Jewish communities. The individual will work closely with team leaders and individual Federations to collect, analyze, and understand Federation data with the goal of identifying and documenting the most effective and replicable strategies for strengthening and growing the positive impact that each Federation and the Federation system as a whole can have on the Jewish community. In turn, this position will participate in shaping how the Jewish Federations of North America support the Federation system and the broader Jewish community.
- Gather data from multiple sources and Federations to help measure their performance
- Analyze fundraising data in Tableau to identify best practices
- Clearly communicate potential improvements to Federations
- Create tracking tools, analyze progress and measurements, and produce visualizations to capture learnings related to key projects and initiatives.
- Manage Federation pilot projects focused on data and analytics.
- Implement technological solutions.
- Conduct research and analysis to drive decision making.
- Support special and cross-departmental projects.
- Work with senior staff and Federation leadership on system-wide projects.
The successful candidate will be:
- Curious, with a strong capacity and interest in learning.
- Comfortable conducting quantitative analysis and identifying key takeaways.
- Excellent at problem-solving.
- A project manager, who can successfully organize, track, and drive projects to completion.
- Highly capable of working on multi-faceted projects.
- Strong in both written and oral communication.
- Able to manage multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, mathematics, business, or economics OR at least two years’ work experience in a field that required data entry, analysis, and strong attention to detail
- Connection to and interest in advancing Jewish communal life.
- Analytical skills in collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating information with accuracy.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills including the ability to present findings in a polished way.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Justin.Shechtel@jewishfederations.org
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, JFNA celebrates and welcomes people of all identities and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.