REPORTS TO: Controller
The Jewish Federations of North America ("JFNA") consist of 146 Jewish Federations and dozens of Network communities which collectively raise and distribute more than $3 billion annually to support flourishing Jewish life and the needs of the Jewish people in their home communities and around the world. The Jewish Federation system, among the top 10 charities on the continent, leads the largest network of volunteer and professional leaders who build and sustain Jewish communities that are healthy, safe, caring, welcoming and inclusive, educated and engaged, involved in the broader community, and deeply connected to Israel and the global Jewish people.
Integral member of core finance team, responsible for maintaining all books and records of JFNA and its consolidated subsidiaries, including the United Israel Appeal (“UIA”). The role requires close interaction with other team members as well as representatives of all operating departments of JFNA. The staff accountant will be involved in several key financial systems, with a focus on accounts receivable, invoicing and program tracking. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills, be a team player and able to juggle multiple tasks.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create invoices for all JFNA related programs and services.
- Create Accounts Receivable (AR) sessions for all invoices created.
- Record all cash deposits either by relieving the AR or posting through cash receipts.
- Research and resolve questions on incoming grants and donations / cash receipts.
- Contribute to the sourcing and implementation of a new invoicing software / module.
- Assist with payable functions, including processing for programming subgrant payments.
- Complete cross training to backup other team members.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as needed.
- Assist in the cleanup of MIP database.
- Work on projects, implementations, and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- 4-year degree (BA, BS) from an accredited college or university in Finance or related field
- Minimum 1-2 years of Finance experience
- Demonstrated understanding of financial statements
- Outstanding computer skills, including extensive experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with General Ledger and Financial Subsystems a plus
- Must be willing to work on site in New York City office several days per week
- Detail oriented and self-starter with strong, analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Clear thinker with ability to research issues and drive resolutions with high standards in quality
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a rapidly changing environment, operating under tight deadlines
- Strong work ethic and time management skills, can prioritize workload and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated strong written/communication skills and a pro-active approach to building working relationships
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Sunita.Sharma@jewishfederations.org
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, JFNA celebrates and welcomes people of all identities and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.