DEPARTMENT: Strategic Marketing and Communications
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President, Digital Strategy and
We are looking for a passionate, strategic, hands-on, writer who has an insatiable appetite for identifying and writing compelling stories. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Digital Strategy and Communications, the Senior Press Manager has an interest in politics and Jewish communal life and understands new cycles in both the U.S. and Israel.
The Senior Press Manager is a journalist at heart and can pitch stories to journalists with the tenacity required to secure placement. Able to distill a myriad of information to its essential points, while identifying what’s missing, the Senior Press Manager can also write stories, talking points and issue-focused memos for internal use. This position will require significant interaction across JFNA and the Federation system to identify stories and work with stakeholders to share these stories through the media and other digital channels.
- Creating written content to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around issues related to the work of Jewish Federations
- Work with media including extensive pitching and responding to inquiries
- Draft internal messaging including talking points, statements and press releases
- Facilitate interviews with print, TV and radio
- Monitor media coverage and prepare regular evaluation reports
- Maintain a media database
- Monitor, research, analyze, and respond to breaking news
- Participate in urgent media enquiries in real time
- At least 5 years of experience in professional journalism or communications (SEO skills a plus)
- Existing relationships with reporters
- Strong writing skills with knowledge of AP Style
- Interest or familiarity with Jewish communal life
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally across a myriad of teams
Interested individuals should send resume to Rebecca Dinar at Rebecca.Dinar@jewishfederations.org.
At JFNA we celebrate and welcome people of all identities and backgrounds. Additionally, JFNA complies with all laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need any accommodations to participate in the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Department.