REPORTS TO: Director of Community Security
At the Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund (the Federation), we envision diverse, dynamic Bay Area Jewish communities, deeply engaged in Jewish life and doing good locally, in Israel, and around the world. We create opportunities for people in the Bay Area to connect with and contribute to their communities. Our work is guided by the timeless Jewish values of kehilla (community), tzedakah (giving with just intention), tzedek (pursuing justice), and tikkun olam (repairing the world).
The Federation leads Jewish community security efforts throughout the Bay Area and beyond, from Mendocino to Santa Cruz and from San Francisco to Tahoe. The Community Security Program works to help all Jewish organizations achieve specific milestones for staff training, physical improvements, emergency planning, and relationships with law enforcement. The team works hand-in-hand with clergy, professional staff, and lay leadership to facilitate an array of services and supports, including training webinars, grant application guidance, site assessments, and security consultations tailored to the specific needs of each organization. Our efforts have translated into increased funding for security improvements, better preparedness and confidence, and the adoption of best practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
The Program Manager will function as the hub for all activities and external communications relating to the Community Security Program. This position will be responsible for the daily management of program activities and will coordinate team outreach to Jewish organizations across Northern California. This role offers the opportunity to work directly with a diverse group of organizations, to play a key role in the implementation of critical and high-impact work, to establish and refine new systems, and to contribute and learn as part of a team. The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail and communicate effectively with individuals and large groups both verbally and in writing. The Federation is seeking a highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills and experience managing complex projects. Direct experience in the field of security is a plus, but not required.
The Program Manager will report directly to the Director of Community Security while interfacing with the whole program team as well as other members of the Community Impact team, collaborating within the Federation to implement program goals and objectives.
- Manages all details related to program scheduling, registration, marketing, and mass communication.
- Reviews, responds to, and tracks community requests for support and assistance.
- Coordinates security grant application support provided by the team, including site assessments, consultation, and application review.
- Schedules security and preparedness workshops, events and trainings across the community, delivered by the team either virtually or in-person, and provides technical and other kinds of support.
- Develops and expands contact list of key stakeholders; publishes regular e-newsletters and content to program website.
- Builds online resource and information sharing of security vendors, products, solutions, and other best practices.
- Implements, manages, and promotes mass-notification systems to inform partners in the Jewish community in a timely and effective manner when specific security concerns arise.
- Works closely with marketing and data teams to promote program activities and track participation and impact.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT
Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree in a related field a plus
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSES)
- 3-5 years of experience supporting or managing complex projects
- Highly proficient communicator in person, by phone, and electronically
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
- Exceptional organizational skills and a collaborative mindset for coordinating among multiple constituencies
- Attention to detail, producing communications and content requiring minimal review
- Ability to exercise discretion and handle confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage systems relating to scheduling, relationship management, and project management
- Experience collecting and managing program data
- Familiarity with the Jewish community, its customs, and practices
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (especially Excel and Word), CRM systems (Salesforce preferred), and project management tools
Salary range: $76,500- $86,00
Benefits: Include medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick pay, holidays (including Jewish), and retirement plan.
Please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. All applications and inquiries will receive a response and will be kept strictly confidential.
The Federation requires COVID-19 vaccination for new hires and is planning a hybrid work model of currently working one day a week in our office. Read Our Commitment to Diversity to learn more.