Are you passionate about Israel? Do you want to promote civil discourse around the complexities of Israel? Are you excited about exploring global Jewish life and community? This opportunity could be right for you: The Associated: Jewish Federation of Baltimore is seeking a full time Israel and Global Initiatives Program Associate. The Associate will inspire people to connect with Israel and strengthen and nurture the global Jewish community. The Program Associate will engage with programming that highlights nuanced dialogue and learning about the complexities of Israel as well as global Jewish communities. The position also serves as a key member of the Community Planning & Allocations team and will engage community members, along with lay and professional leaders in creative and innovative ways. Responsibilities include recruitment and stewardship for a young adult Israel-based internship program, working with volunteer leaders to advance our Israel and Global agenda, consulting with Associated partner agencies to help develop and implement initiatives, and maintaining ongoing relationships and communications with global non-profit partners.
In this highly collaborative role, you will:
- Develop and implement nuanced Israel education and dialogue opportunities with the Insight Israel Forum Manager.
- Recruit and interview Onward Israel internship participants and liaise with program provider in Israel.
- Staff Going Global lay committee to inspire connections to the global Jewish community.
- Assist with management of grant evaluation and identification of funding priorities.
- Provide regular communications with relevant information to lay and professional leadership.
- Focus on Israel education rather than Israel advocacy.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- One to three years work-related experience.
- Ability to travel, local and overseas.
- Strong knowledge of Israel (contemporary and historical).
- Knowledge of Israel education organizations or willingness to learn about them.
- Passion for connecting to Israel and supporting Jewish life globally.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information is required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities is required.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a team setting is required.
- Outgoing and respectful demeanor.
- A creative thinker around Israel education initiatives/programs.
- A team player who is excited to work with a passionate team of Jewish professionals.
What you will gain:
- Paid professional development opportunities: At least three per year.
- Ability to grow professionally within The Associated system.
- A collaborative team environment.
- Experience in working with volunteer leadership.
- Networking opportunities with local, national, and international organizations.
- Experience in program design and implementation.
- Opportunities to expand knowledge of global Jewish communities.
- The chance to make a difference in advancing civil discourse.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary range: $48,500 - $53,500 and is commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience.
Benefits & Perks: The Associated offers a hybrid work environment that supports professional development and collaboration. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k) employer match, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, paid parental leave, holiday pay, wellbeing programming, and a complimentary membership to the Jewish Community Center. We also make work/life balance a priority by offering generous vacation and sick time.
NOTE: All active full-time, part-time, and temporary staff are required to provide proof of full vaccination (COVID-19) as a condition of employment within The Associated system as of November 15, 2021.
Electronic submissions are preferred. Qualified Candidates apply here: Click here to apply.
This job ad is not intended to be all-inclusive, but to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. The Associated is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with our Jewish values, The Associated supports a thriving Baltimore that celebrates diversity and appreciates the unique combination of gender, race, age, religion and ethnicity, sexual orientation, intellectual and physical disabilities, and special qualities that each resident adds to the fabric of life in Baltimore. We welcome everyone interested in our mission to join us. If you require accommodations, please contact us, and we will make every effort to meet your needs.