Are you a self-motivated, outgoing, and results-oriented professional excited to expand and grow our programming for the wider Jewish Puget Sound community? Do you enjoy building relationships? Are you committed to core Jewish values? Do you thrive in a collaborative environment? Are you a strategic thinker? We are looking for an energetic and engaged candidate with a passion for early childhood education and engagement, to fill the position of PJ Library® Program Manager.
GET TO KNOW US:
As the Puget Sound region is rapidly growing and changing, our Jewish community is expanding exponentially. Research shows that Seattle is the most religiously unaffiliated community in the entire country, and with an increased influx of people, prioritizing key strategic initiatives that engage our community in Jewish life is ever more critical to Jewish continuity. The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle is on a mission to invest in our Jewish community locally, nationally, and in Israel and overseas to ensure a vibrant and strong community for the future. We seek to transform the way our Jewish community connects to each other, meaningful causes, and our world. To deliver on this, we need to be world-class and provide quality experiences and opportunities that engage and inspire.
You’re excited about the mission of the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle. You hold the big vision and the day-to-day details in your mind simultaneously. You’re an expert at handling deadlines and competing priorities. You have a proven track record of building communities online. You’re curious and constantly thinking of ways to make systems work better (a plus if your sock drawer is color-coded). You’re an emerging leader who works to create consensus within teams. You are decisive and have an intuitive sense about when you need to seek counsel and when you should just make the call.
PJ Library is a signature program run in partnership with the Harold Grinspoon Foundation. It is a powerful platform that helps the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle inspire and nurture the Jewish growth of families with young children, PJ Library especially engages those who are not yet very involved in Jewish learning or living.
Reporting to the Director of Jewish Engagement, the Program Manager is responsible for overseeing the following PJ Library (0-8 years) and PJ Our Way™ (9-11 years) programs. All programs are currently delivered virtually.
Bim Bam Baby!: Fun, free gatherings over the weekend, where kids and parents enjoy singing, activities, and storytelling from the PJ Library’s wonderful Jewish-themed children’s books. Always open to all, Bim Bam Baby! Neighborhood Song & Story times are programs delivered in partnership with other community organizations and synagogue congregations, a great way for families to connect with Jewish life.
Reset & Refresh, The Parenting Edition (NEW for 2021): Values-based, intentional cohort-based learning about parenting through a Jewish Lens for parents of children 0-8 years.
PJ Our Way
Family Volunteering Challenge (on Hiatus): Opportunities for families to explore the city, get out in nature, contribute to their community!
SENSEational Holidays: Crafts-based Jewish holiday fun for kids with an educator, from the comfort of your home!
- Oversee part-time Community Connectors working to identify and engage other families raising Jewish children in their neighborhood through hyper-local programming
- Provide support through weekly meetings with each Connector to review action plans, objectives, monthly team training and support
- Work with each Connector to set and accomplish clear goals and objectives with measurable outcomes
COMMUNITY OUTREACH & DONOR DEVELOPMENT
- Build, cultivate, and sustain relationships with super-user families and parent volunteers to steward Jewish community involvement and identify potential volunteers and parent-connectors to support program portfolio
- Build and sustain relationships with local community organizations offering early childhood education
- Act as the key point of contact on behalf of the Federation with Harold Grinspoon Foundation, to stay aware of initiatives, programs, and services offered by the Foundation to local partners
- Attend and present at PJ Library conference annually and community events as scheduled
- Attend Federation events, professional development conferences, and staff international travel programs as required
TRACKING AND REPORTING
- Track program participation and engagement touch points in the Federation database in order to generate impact reports and monitor intended engagement outcomes
- Evaluate the success of each event against initial goals and objectives
- Create progress reports for various stakeholders; including donors and the PJ Library National office
- Manage PJ Library and PJ Our Way subscriptions across Puget Sound and control the PJ Library budget for subscriptions and programs
MARKETING AND PROMOTION
- Market and promote PJ Library in order to maximize the participation of families raising young children who are marginally affiliated with the organized Jewish community
- Create a robust and thorough outreach and marketing plan for all programs and work with the Marketing department to establish a strong social media presence
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred;
- 5+ years working in a non-profit environment, such as Jewish education or early childhood education;
- A certificate in Early Childhood Education or Jewish education would be a plus;
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
REQUIRED ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES:
Demonstrated success in:
- Working with volunteers to accomplish organizational goals
- Setting and accomplishing clear goals and objectives with measurable outcomes
- Knowledge of the organized Jewish community, including a commitment to core Jewish values, including integrity, openness, pursuit of justice, and repairing the world, with the ability to demonstrate, communicate, and represent those values to others
- Proven strategic thinker who can implement strategies to accomplish organizational goals
- Able to work independently and use sound judgment in making decisions that have been delegated to this role
- Experience in creation and implementation of multimedia marketing and outreach;
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with Google products and database management knowledge
WHY THIS ROLE IS COMPELLING:
You will experience first-hand what it means to inspire and nurture the growth of Jewish families with young children. You will be exposed to a wide range of programming that opens doors to Jewish life and lays the foundation for a strong Jewish life today and tomorrow. You are excited by the opportunity to develop a broad set of professional skills, honing them in a demanding and supportive environment.
We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental, and life insurance, generous paid time off, sick leave, retirement plans and more!
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume in Word or PDF format, along with:
- A short video (maximum 5 minutes) describing a project or experience that you would like to bring to our PJ Library community in Seattle. You can either talk directly to the camera, or be as creative as you'd like!
- A cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
- Please respond to these two questions in your cover letter:
- What excites you about working as PJ Library Manager at Federation?
- What specific expertise and experiences will you draw on to do the job?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit the Federation website (www.jewishinseattle.org) to gain insight into our mission and impact. No phone calls please. If you currently do not live in the Seattle area, please explain why you would choose Seattle to be your home. Local candidates or those who already plan to move to the Seattle area in the near future need only apply.