As a center for Jewish philanthropy, the Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund (the Federation) mobilizes assets to support the most pressing issues of our time, while building and sustaining thriving Jewish communities in the Bay Area, Israel and beyond for generations to come. We inspire personal and collaborative philanthropy, and facilitate grantmaking, impact lending, and advocacy to make the world a better place.
With our work guided by Jewish values, the Federation operates as a community foundation, partnering with individuals and families to implement their charitable visions as well as to connect and strengthen the Jewish non-profit sector. In 2022, the Federation granted and loaned more than $245 million, making it the single largest funder of Jewish causes in the state of California. Learn more about us.
The Federation is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual with a variety of skill sets who wants to join a team working to build a new model of 21st century and next generation Federation engagement.
The Philanthropy Advisor assists a diverse portfolio of 300+ donors in achieving their philanthropic goals by helping facilitate their giving, including occasional meetings to review strategy and grantmaking, investments, goals, and priorities to enhance the impact of their giving. The Philanthropy Advisor also informs and inspires donors to support the Federation's programs and priorities (vis a vis the annual campaign, designated initiatives, and Centennial Campaign).
The Philanthropy Advisor is the main liaison between their portfolio of donors and the Federation and must become knowledgeable about the breadth and depth of the programmatic work of Federation in order to clearly communicate the needs of the Jewish community in the Bay Area, Israel, and globally in a manner that adds value to their grantmaking. This position reports to Managing Director, Integrated Philanthropy.
This role does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Develop strategy, stewardship/cultivation plans and activities for managing and engaging in sustained relationships with a diverse portfolio of donors (current and prospects with funds under $150,000) to encourage and inform their charitable giving.
- Guide donors in articulating and implementing their philanthropic goals.
- Deepen donor's understanding and interests in Federation's programs, priorities, and product offerings (e.g. impact lending) to align and influence donor giving, with a focus on securing annual donations of $5,000+.
- Work in close collaboration with Philanthropy team to provide excellent customer service in facilitation of fund administration, including the timely processing of gifts and grant recommendations in compliance with relevant regulations.
- Support productive and collaborative partnerships inside Federation and with other organizations in the design and delivery of compelling philanthropy experiences for donors, funders, and other shared constituents.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the Jewish community, its customs, and practices, preferred.
- Expertise in relationship management, stewardship and cultivation, and/or service-related experience.
- Knowledge a philanthropy advisory a plus
- Proven experience in fundraising, including face-to-face solicitations, and strategic relationship management.
- An excellent communicator verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across departments and disciplines.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; knowledge in Salesforce ideal.
- Ability to attend and participate in donor cultivation/engagement events in the evening or on weekends, as needed.
- Knowledge of basic planned giving concepts and experience in the Bay Area nonprofit sector a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Three to five years' experience in a multi-faceted funder service environment related to philanthropy advisory and/or fundraising (donor-advised vehicles, foundations, major gifts, planned gifts).
- Experience working with lay leaders and in creating and maintaining healthy lay/professional relationships.
The Federation views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a company culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible talent pool to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values. The Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click on this link: https://www.click2apply.net/V8JVzoukBmQaDuJV7fDbzm