The Outreach Director manages and works in partnership with the volunteer board and committees and their activities. It is comprised of three key areas: (1) Outreach and Engagement, (2) Campaign and Leadership Development, and (3) management, oversight and responsibility for other Federation divisions and programs.
The Outreach Director will develop and coordinate fundraising event planning with an emphasis on cultivating donors and solicitors for the Annual Campaign and increasing engagement and participation. Campaign activities will include organizing and assisting minimum gift events, solicitation trainings, and phone-a-thons. The Outreach Director will also have assignments for community-wide Campaign events.
Outreach and Engagement:
The Outreach Director will strategize plans for intensive outreach and engagement, encouraging referrals and identifying leaders. Outreach efforts will include meeting with individuals, listening to their needs and inspiring them to connect to the committees, events and activities provided by Federation.
The Outreach Director manages various committees and training opportunities that may include lay and professional leadership.
Management, coordination, and oversight of existing outreach programs include:
- PJ Library
- PJ Our Way
- Shalom Baby
- Camp Scholarships
- Jewish Teen Philanthropy Initiative
- CONNECT: Young Adult Network
- Dignity Grows
Hours: While ordinarily this position is an 8:30am-5:00pm job, Due to the nature of the role, this position will include numerous evenings and occasional weekend work. There are also some occasional travel requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three years of experience in a non-profit organization preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional and proven communication and writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Good team player with the ability to help build consensus
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Fundraising experience preferred
- Event planning experience
- Quick learner with strong interpersonal skills and knowledge of volunteer/professional dynamics
- Self-starter who is resourceful and able to spearhead new initiatives
- Computer skills, including strong experience with Microsoft Office and social media
- Knowledge of Jewish customs and traditions preferred
The Outreach Director functions under the direct supervision of the President & Chief Executive Officer of the Jewish Federation of the Delaware.
Ability to organize, prioritize and follow through with multiple projects simultaneously, focusing carefully on detail and timelines is essential. Desire to be part of an aggressive, cooperative, and collaborative professional staff team is required. Working knowledge of computers and social networking tools (especially Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn), Microsoft Office software (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), is required.
Please send resumes to: Seth J. Katzen at email@example.com