FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Marketing Manager will coordinate, support, and manage the marketing, communications, public relations and event activities and efforts of select departments of the Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas. This includes, but is not limited to, broad oversight in coordinating the Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas’ large scale events and Federation--sponsored community wide events, coordinate and facilitate marketing material content and production to ensure quality communications complement the Federation’s overall fundraising goals and mission. This position will require a great deal of writing (scripts, speeches, blog, newsletters, etc.); therefore, applicant must be a strong writer. Writing samples will be requested. This positon reports to the Director of Marketing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Successfully drives marketing projects from initiation to completion.
- Builds and fosters collaborative relationships with Federation departments to stay informed and abreast of new initiatives and services.
- Assists in creating and modifying social media and website content to ensure best practices are met.
- Provides assigned client departments with creative/messaging direction for marketing collateral including brochures, emails, articles, ads, website content, presentations, e-newsletters, flyers, signage, etc. ensuring valid, current and accurate content.
- Monitors corporate communication plan and strategy for uniformity in message, including template, tag lines and logo usage.
- Provides proofing for print and e-communications.
- Prepares and maintains projects based on content provided from client departments with the use of marketing forms, job specific e-mails, bids and other pertinent information.
- Works with external designers and vendors to ensure on-time quality materials.
- Coordinates and manages the bidding process with outside vendors for projects.
- Interacts independently, positively and proactively with vendors, volunteers, committee members and Federation employees.
- Provides scripts for Federation staff and volunteers as needed.
- Produces a bi-weekly e-Newsletter, acquires approval from all parties, and distributes through email system in a timely manner.
- May create and disperse press releases to media.
- In collaboration with CEO and lead staff, coordinates venue, catering, menu selection, entertainment, theme, event supplier relations, A/V needs, decorations, contracts, and event logistics for assigned Federation department programs, events and meetings.
- Builds positive brand awareness among targeted groups of Jewish community members for events.
- Works with lead staff to ensure accountability and fiscal responsibility in utilizing the budget within approved budget parameters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in marketing, public relations or advertising)
Experience: 3-5 years project management experience within an agency or marketing department.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written including copywriting and proofreading.
- Computer proficiency in Windows environment.
- Must be adept at creating and using social media.
- Demonstrated experience in website content management.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality of work.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, plan and manage projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively inside and outside the department utilizing tact, diplomacy and a professional manner.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and handle stress.
- Must be self-motivated and capable or working both independently and as a member of a team.
- A positive attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Required availability to work irregular hours, including nights and weekends that involve organizational events and meetings.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Position Type: This is a full time, exempt level position. It qualifies for all benefit packages. For more information see the Employee Manual.
Working Conditions: Mental Demands: Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interpret policies, procedures and data; maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Must be physically able to operate computers and office equipment; occasional bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling and twisting; constant walking, speaking and listening; frequent sitting and maintaining close visual attention to the computer; occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The COO and/or designee have the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Employees of Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas are expected, as required in their specific job functions, to participate in activities, meetings, and committees; to interact and work cooperatively in order to accomplish various goals; to represent one’s self and Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas in a positive, professional manner; and to safeguard sensitive or confidential information from intentional or unintentional disclosure.
Employees are expected to maintain current working knowledge of policies, procedures and guidelines necessary to answer work-related questions and to provide assistance in a timely and courteous manner. Employees are also expected to perform other duties as may be assigned by their supervisor and to contribute to the team efforts of the department and to assist the organization in achieving its strategic goals.