Reports to: Vice President, Finance
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Department: Finance and Accounting
Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming, inspiring and saving lives in the Palm Beaches and 70 countries around the world. Each year, Jewish Federation inspires thousands of community members to contribute, volunteer and participate in programs that generate more than $30 million to leading a powerful impact in the community.
The Accounting Manager is a critical member of the Finance and Accounting Team,, responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely accounting of all financial transactions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This position will additionally support on the budgeting process. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of non-profit accounting and be able to work in multiple systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Records all revenue transactions in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepares monthly reconciliation of revenue per the finance system (MIP) and the donor database (Blackbaud CRM).
- Reconciles pledge receivable balances monthly. Records year-end reserve entries in alignment with GAAP.
- Reconciles restricted net assets monthly, ensuring that journal entries are recorded to release restrictions upon donor intent being met.
- Prepares monthly budget to actual reports for all departments.
- Supports VP, Finance in preparing monthly financial reports, including a statement of activities, balance sheet and cash flows.
- Supports VP, Finance on development of annual budgets and reforecasts throughout the year.
- Supports on event budget preparation, reconciliation, and approval.
- Supports the annual audit and 990 preparations.
- Prepares billings for the Hebrew Free Loan program.
- Prepares billings for local agency partners.
- Maintains accounting policies and procedures manual, ensuring updates are made at least annually as processes change.
- Additional projects and analysis as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Success Factors:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration required.
- Three or more years’ financial and/or accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit environment, or equivalent combination of relevant education, experience and skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required (verbal and written).
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong knowledge of basic office computing, including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), Zoom and basic database skills required.
- Highly organized with proven ability to manage multiple tasks and to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of MIP Accounting Software preferred.
- Sound work ethic and flexibility to get the job done.
- Ability to work in partnership with other Federation departments and ensure collaboration of all involved.
- Must be able to pass Level 1 background check.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County currently offers the following benefits:
- A comprehensive benefits package including 15-25% of employee-only premiums paid for medical and dental and 100% of premiums paid for vision insurance.
- Federation contributions toward HSA accounts.
- Federation-paid Life/AD&D policy.
- Federation-paid long-term disability (LTD) insurance.
- Medical and dependent-care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
- Hybrid work schedule.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Generous paid holiday schedule.
The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Federation strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied identities and backgrounds. As an equal opportunity employer, all individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, financial status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Federation is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Mary Kay McGann at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
To apply online, please visit our career’s page. Or email your resume and cover letter to: HRrsvp@jewishpalmbeach.org.
NO CALLS, PLEASE.