The Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA)’s Washington Office, the policy arm of JFNA, is seeking a remote part-time intern for fall 2020 who wants to pursue their interests in Jewish communal work, national policy and advocacy, and/or program management.
JFNA is among the top 10 charities in the world. JFNA’s Washington Office brings the voice of 146 Jewish community federations and over 300 independent Jewish communities throughout North America to Capitol Hill and the Administration as a prominent force in policy decision-making. One intern will be assigned to the Public Policy team in Washington and will focus on Jewish Disability Awareness and Inclusion Month (JDAIM). The intern will educate community members about the month, publicize JFNA’s leadership role, and help local communities, and national and local Jewish institutions create their own Jewish disability inclusion content, helping to turn this into a national event that engages thousands of community members. Time permitting, the intern will work on a variety of other research and writing advocacy projects that promote JFNA’s public policy priorities.
Please note that the JFNA Washington office is working remotely for the foreseeable future; therefore, applicants do not need to live in the Washington, D.C. metro area to be considered for the position.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Professional behavior, and ability to work with diverse personalities and work styles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student preferred.
- Ability to work remotely
- Interns earn a stipend.
- Gain experience by participating in meetings, determining priorities, and managing expectations.
- Work in a friendly and collaborative office environment.
- Gain knowledge about how the Jewish Federations promote public policies.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, two brief writing samples (up to four pages in length each), and the contact information for two references to DCIntern@Jewishfederations.org.
At JFNA we celebrate and welcome people of all identities and backgrounds. Additionally, JFNA complies with all laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need any accommodations to participate in the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Qualifications: 0-2 years of experience.