The Jewish Federation of Northwest Indiana is a 501(c)(3) non-profit agency. Our mission is to enrich Jewish life in Northwest Indiana, Israel, and around the world through services, programming, advocacy, and fundraising. Our service area includes Lake, Porter, and LaPorte counties in Indiana.
The JCS Director oversees the JCS department to provide caring, professional social service resources and programming to Jewish individuals in Lake, Porter, and LaPorte counties. The JCS Director should be committed to outreach and providing excellent service to our community with advocacy for the vulnerable. JCS Director reports to the Executive Director and works in coordination with the JCS Committee, volunteers, and clients.
Hours: 35-40 hrs. per week. Normal business hours are 8:30 – 4:30 but some evenings and weekends will be required.
QUALITIES OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Experience working in Jewish communities in a social service setting / or extended involvement in the Jewish community through affiliation or volunteerism
- Non-profit and community service background through employment or volunteering
- An understanding of Mission Driven services and programming
- Ability to navigate emotional situations with empathy
- Knowledgeable of HIPPA privacy laws and client confidentiality
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Client Services & Programming
- Intake and assessment of the needs of clients as well as arrange services through the Jewish Federation, or assist to locate outside agencies for additional resources.
- Work with volunteers and staff to provide food assistance services.
- Work with volunteers to plan senior, wellness, and topic-focused programming including lunches, outings, person-to-person calls, home/hospital visits, and support groups
- Administrative Tasks
- Providing social service-focused content for marketing and community publications
- Track and Report on department successes and standards
- Work with Committee Chairs and members to assess, track, and report on current JCS needs
- Community Engagement
- Engage with synagogue leadership to coordinate outreach, programming, and community care
- A bachelors in humanities or 5+ years of relevant experience in a social service agency
- Demonstratable experience in planning and facilitating appropriate engagement opportunities
- Experience with referrals, and/or scheduling for medical and social services agencies
- Ability to work with a wide array of personalities in staff and volunteer roles
- Experience planning and implementing solution-based client assistance
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary Commensurate with Experience
- Health Insurance Package
- Paid time off after 1 year of service
- Paid holidays (Jewish and Secular)
- Flex time when appropriate
Please send your resume with three references to email@example.com for consideration.
The Jewish Federation is committed to creating a diverse environment and all qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, disability, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any status or basis protected by law.