Jewish London has an exceptional opportunity for a passionate, visionary executive with strong community building, fundraising and strategic management skills to lead a small but dynamic Jewish community. Jewish London is seeking an Executive Director who will build on its strengths and help shape its vision for the future. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to attract and nurture donors, support other aspects of community leadership, and be able to work with a broad array of volunteers and agencies towards the goal of enhancing London’s Jewish community for today and for the future.
The Executive Director is the key professional staff who will oversee operations and provide leadership and vision for Jewish London, which includes the London Jewish Community Centre (“JCC”), London Jewish Community Village (“Village”) and UJA. Working with staff and the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will enhance London’s Jewish community, lead or participate in all Jewish London strategic planning, and ensure and maintain the availability of funds for Jewish London’s operations through the annual United Jewish Appeal (“UJA”) campaign, fundraising events, grants, major gifts, endowments, and planned giving.
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills and qualifications:
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience in a senior leadership leadership/management role in a JCC, not for profit or similar agency.
- Strong financial and business acumen. Training and demonstrated experience in strategic and long-term planning, organizational development, risk management, administrative, financial and operational planning and execution.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing programs within and for a community that educate, engage and inspire. Skills in program design, planning, management and evaluation, quality improvement and advocacy, and an ability to establish and lead successful partnerships.
- Financial resource development skills including experience with fundraising, major gift cultivation and solicitation as well as experience writing grant proposals and obtaining and managing grants and funding.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety as well as security protocols.
- A strong track record of effective staff and financial resource management, and of leading and managing innovative growth and change.
- Personal experience inspiring, engaging and managing the continual and dynamic involvement of volunteers and providing strategic leadership and good governance practices to volunteer boards of directors and committees.
- An inspirational, driven and motivating leadership style coupled with strong decision making, presentation and negotiation skills.
- An understanding of and familiarity with Jewish life and traditions in a small community.
- Appreciation of and commitment to Israel and Jewish values; comfort advocating on related issues.
Located in the heart of southwestern Ontario between Toronto and Detroit, London is one of Canada’s fastest-growing cities. With a diverse population of over 530,000 people, London is currently the 11th largest city in Canada and offers its residents and visitors big-city appeal mixed with small-town charm.
London is a regional centre of healthcare and education, home to Western University, Fanshawe College and several hospitals including a University Hospital. The city hosts a number of musical and artistic exhibits and festivals, which contribute to its tourism industry, but its economic activity is centred on education, medical research, insurance, and information technology. London’s university and hospitals are among its top ten employers. It also has an international airport, train and bus stations.
Big enough for the “big city” experience, London boasts an extensive healthcare system and excellent business and career opportunities while providing the safe and clean atmosphere of a small community. London is called The Forest City in reference to its numerous, beautiful pathways and acres of rolling parkland. Its tree-lined boulevards and green parks invite cyclists and pedestrians to discover the charms of the city built at the fork of the Thames River. Just down the road from Western University is the vibrant Richmond Street in the city centre – a fantastic blend of culture and heritage to explore. Not only is London a vibrant cosmopolitan centre but it offers many of the benefits of a large city without the high cost of living.
A detailed position profile is available upon request.
Siegel Executive Search Solutions Inc., member of the Executive Search Alliance, is advising Jewish London on the basis of an exclusive consulting assignment.
Interested applicants may explore this opportunity in confidence by submitting a resume no later than June 11, 2021 to email@example.com.
The publication of this advertisement is neither an assurance that an applicant will be hired, nor that the position will be held open for any specific period of time in the event that a suitable candidate for the position is identified at an earlier date. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.