As a center for Jewish philanthropy, the Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund (the Federation) mobilizes assets to support the most pressing issues of our time, while building and sustaining thriving Jewish communities in the Bay Area, Israel and beyond for generations to come. We inspire personal and collaborative philanthropy, and facilitate grantmaking, impact lending, and advocacy to make the world a better place.
With our work guided by Jewish values, the Federation operates as a community foundation, partnering with individuals and families to implement their charitable visions as well as to connect and strengthen the Jewish non-profit sector. In 2022, the Federation granted and loaned more than $245 million, making it the single largest funder of Jewish causes in the state of California.
The Federation is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual with a variety of skill sets who wants to join a team working to build a new model of 21st century and next generation Federation engagement.
Join our dynamic team as the Events Sr. Associate, where your passion for crafting unforgettable experiences and your commitment to excellence in donor relations will drive our mission forward. In this pivotal role, you will lead the charge in designing and delivering exceptional engagement opportunities that resonate with our community and supporters, fostering lasting connections and stewarding the relationships that are the heartbeat of our organization. If you're a strategic thinker with a flair for creativity and a dedication to impactful storytelling, we invite you to bring your vision and expertise to our collaborative environment, where your efforts will be celebrated and instrumental in our continued success. This position reports to Senior Director, Philanthropic Experience & Special Projects.
- In partnership with the Sr, Director of Experiences and Stewarsdship, develop and implement strategies to create unique, memorable, and impactful experiences for funders, donors, or stakeholders.
- Manage the planning, execution, and evaluation of in person and virtual events, programs, and initiatives designed to engage and steward relationships
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment with organizational objectives and values.
- Coordinate and prep for event and award selected committee meetings and facilitate discussions.
- Solicit corporate sponsorship for select major events.
- Participate in the planning of travel and programmatic logistics for trips and missions hosted by the Federation.
- Manage budgets, negotiate contracts, and coordinate with vendors to deliver high-quality experiences within financial constraints.
- Manage event registration process, reporting, and analysis.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key partners, vendors, sponsors, and community leaders to expand outreach and impact.
- Utilize feedback and data analytics to assess the effectiveness of events, making data-driven improvements.
- Provide project management for select stewardship, collaborative philanthropy, and business development projects.
- Develop and maintain an event calendar to ensure timely and meaningful engagement and recognition of donors, funders, or stakeholders.
- Partner with the Marketing department to create communication materials related to experiences, such as event invitations, onsite collateral, scripts, and presentations.
- Foster a culture of exceptional service, encouraging team members to go above and beyond in creating positive interactions and experiences.
- Leverage technology and digital platforms to enhance the reach and quality of experiences and stewardship efforts.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Based in Bay Area
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing high-quality, memorable experiences for stakeholders or clients
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and the capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in CRM software and donor database management (we use Salesforce, Marketo, Classy)
- Familiarity with budgeting and financial tracking
- Thrives in fast paced evolving environment.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and can balance big picture strategy and execution against plans
- Have good judgement, can learn on the fly, and have a can-do attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Creative mindset with an innovative approach to problem-solving
- Experience in negotiating with vendors and contractors for events or services
- Knowledge of best practices in event planning and stewardship
- Comfortable with public speaking and representing the organization at various events
- Flexibility to travel within Bay Area and work evenings and weekends as required for events and programs
- Familiarity with Jewish community and culture
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in customer service, event planning, or donor relations
The Federation views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a company culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible talent pool to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values. The Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund is an equal opportunity employer
Click here: https://www.click2apply.net/yyqezWTw7BrJAtOpzclWw8