Are you looking for a mission-driven non-profit where your skills can help people in need around the world? At the Jewish United Fund (JUF), we take pride in our mission and in having a work culture that fosters a sense of belonging and feels rewarding, supportive, and inclusive. We have a hybrid schedule and offer generous benefits including a 401(k) match, up to 22 days of paid time off (starting with 15), up to 11 sick days (starting with 7), and up to 21 paid holidays. The salary range for this role is $58,000-$68,000.
What you’ll be responsible for:
You will be responsible for helping expand educational opportunities, crisis response, and programs through the Jewish United Fund’s (JUF) Israel Education Center (IEC). You will contribute to messaging, strategy, and public relations material and will also engage deeply on matters related to university climate and incident response.
What you’ll be doing:
- Interact with campus organizations, ministries, and volunteer groups providing a larger network of support.
- Create and oversee the strategy for Campus Civics Directors positive leadership within student government.
- Provide tools and skills so campus professionals are imbued with the ability to strategically guide interns toward a path of civil dialogue, bridge building, and unity on campus.
- Provide professional development programing that will provide skills needed for students to engage in campus leadership.
- Build a network of student leaders and student organizations that are putting the fight against hateful ideologies as a key principle of campus governance.
- Supervise student interns to execute ongoing tasks and connect with the population.
- Ensure coordinated efforts among supporting organizations.
- Expand network of support to other campuses.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years experience with the Israel-related-campus landscape (including student experience)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, contributing to high-level strategy and managing varied, tactical program details
- Flexible mindset as priorities change and ability to multi-task within time constraints
- Comfort with and interest in coaching, mentoring and supporting students as they navigate their personal, communal and academic development
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite of Products
What you’ll love about us:
At JUF, you can be part of one of the largest non-profit social welfare institutions in Illinois. We provide food, refuge, healthcare, education, emergency assistance, and essential services to 500,000 Chicagoans of all faiths and millions of Jews around the world. We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with base contribution and match, additional health and wellness benefits, financial benefits, professional training, tuition reimbursement, and much more. We have a flexible schedule with core hours and the ability to work from home / remote a few days per week (for most positions) on a hybrid basis.
Job Category: Union Eligible