The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis (JFGI) is the central fundraising organization committed to promoting a vibrant, engaged, inclusive, and sustainable Jewish community. Through its Annual Campaign (over $4 million) and Endowment (nearly $100 million), the Federation provides funding to dozens of agencies, synagogues, Jewish community organizations and independent programs in Indiana, Israel and around the world. JFGI provides deeper connections for members of Central Indiana’s Jewish community while helping donors achieve their philanthropic interests. Programs funded by the Federation engage and inspire participants and create life-sustaining and life-changing impact for beneficiaries. JFGI meets the challenges facing today’s Jewish community while ensuring the viability of the community for generations to come. The Federation resides on and manages the operations of a 40-acre campus in central Indianapolis which is home to multiple Federation agencies.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development and Endowment, the Donor Relations Specialist will provide support for objectives critical to achieving the Federation’s overall goals, including donor stewardship and database management. The Donor Relations Specialist will collaborate with the Financial Resource Development (FRD) staff to implement a comprehensive donor relations strategy, while providing database support for the Federation’s key systems used for development and engagement. The Donor Relations Specialist will manage JFGI’s Donor Advised Fund program and maintain relationships with fundholders.
- Manage the accurate and timely entry of all gifts and pledges into JFGI’s database
- Organize and execute the acknowledgement process for all JFGI gifts and pledges, including the production of letters and other forms of acknowledgment
- In collaboration with the FRD staff, implement JFGI’s donor relations strategy, including donor research and prospect management
- Record and track donor/prospect management assignments
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Senior Director
- Manage database activities, reporting, statistical analysis, and information maintenance.
- Serve as the primary Blackbaud CRM database contact and liaison to IT, Finance, and Marketing
- Ensure the integrity of the database by coordinating training for all end-users
- Support JFGI’s strategic use of data to further goals and objectives related to donor, prospects, and leadership development
Donor Advised Fund Program
- Provide outstanding service to fundholders, including facilitating distribution recommendations, responding to inquiries, and providing regular reports about fund activity
- Process distribution recommendations and ensure the accurate and timely dissemination of grants, in coordination with Financial Services
- Develop and organize a system to maintain fund records and documentation
The work environment characteristics are representative of an office setting and is usually fast paced with constant stimulation. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff, leadership, donors, and program participants. Meetings and programs may be conducted outside of the office and outside of normal business hours. Expectations are that the individual will present a professional appearance and always behave in a professional manner, particularly when interacting with program participants and donors. Physical demands are primarily limited to operating general office equipment and tasks associated with event and program planning.
- Bachelors degree
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working with a database
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer service experience and the ability to collaborate effectively with others
- Strong time management experience and thrives managing multiple projects at once
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000 based upon experience.
Interested qualified candidates should forward resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis follows CDC guidelines as it relates to COVID-19 protocols.