The Jewish Community Federation of Richmond (JCFR) has been building, sustaining and connecting Jewish Communities in Richmond, Israel and worldwide for 86 years. Annually raising and distributing over $3.3 million, the Federation protects and enhances the well-being of the Jewish and general community through the values of tikkun olam (repairing the world), tzedakah (charity and social justice) and Torah (learning).
The Jewish Community Federation of Richmond (JCFR) is seeking a Director of Women’s Philanthropy and Affinities.
The Director of Women’s Philanthropy and Affinities will be a visionary, collaborative and innovative leader with a deep understanding of and commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the Jewish Community Federation. They will be passionate about philanthropy and crafting innovative and effective fundraising, relationship management and community engagement strategies that raise up both people and resources.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director of Women’s Philanthropy and Affinities is a key member of the Financial Resource Development Team and provides key leadership to the organization, working closely with a volunteer core including the Women’s Philanthropy Chair, Enterprise Circle Board and Financial Resource Development Committee. The Director thrives on deepening connections, stewarding leadership, and creating and implementing engagement opportunities for community members. The Director of Women’s Philanthropy and Affinities is responsible for creating the vision and strategy, and ultimately implementing, fundraising and engagement programs and recruiting and developing volunteers.
About the Position
To shine as JCFR’s Director of Women’s Philanthropy and Affinities, you need passion for people, relationships and fundraising matched by strong knowledge of community. You’ll need to balance a practical mindset with a creative business acumen and be able to lead a team of talented volunteers to identify opportunities that matter to our constituents and architect and implement solutions so that JCFR can meet its community building and fundraising goals and objectives.
The Director of Women’s Philanthropy and Affinities will have the following key responsibilities:
- Enhance the Women’s Philanthropy and affinity groups philanthropic achievement, with a focus on increasing donor numbers, involvement and leadership;
- Drive growth and involvement in Women’s philanthropy, including community building, annual and supplemental giving, Lion of Judah and Lion of Judah endowment giving and supplemental gifts.
- Drive growth, programming, giving and involvement in affinity groups including lawyers, real estate, medical and other professions.
- Work collaboratively with lay and professional teams to steward annual donors towards multi-year, major and planned gifts.
- Lead and inspire a group of volunteer leadership to be active, engaged ambassadors throughout the community.
- Lead an engagement philosophy which helps individuals connect to Jewish life in Richmond and globally, eventually leading them to increased giving, involvement and leadership.
The ideal candidate will bring creativity, commitment and passion for community building, leadership and relationship building skills to the role. They will be an outgoing, dynamic presence with strong relationship building and communication skills.
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Immersive understanding of the non-profit sector, the Jewish community, the Jewish Federation of North America, and the social impact of fundraising on Jewish organizations.
- Experience with “Moves Management,” increasing year-to-year giving and securing large gifts.
- 3-5 Years of Non-Profit programming and volunteer development Experience.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, bringing an innovative approach to business planning.
- Effective and persuasive communication skills, including an ability to prepare and deliver presentations to diverse audiences.
- Maturity, sound judgment and high ethical standards.
- Analytical, yet creative; humble and empathetic.
Please submit your resumes and cover letters to