Reports to: Executive Director, Community Affairs
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Department: Palm Beach Center to Combat Antisemitism & Hatred
Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming, inspiring and saving lives in the Palm Beaches and 70 countries around the world. Each year, Jewish Federation inspires thousands of community members to contribute, volunteer and participate in programs that generate more than $30 million to leading a powerful impact in the community.
As the city hall and convener of the Jewish community, Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County aims to create the Palm Beach Center to Combat Antisemitism & Hatred to expand our leadership role to address acts of hatred against the Jewish community. The Palm Beach Center will significantly impact and influence both the Jewish and general Palm Beach communities by taking a proactive stance against antisemitism. The Center’s programs will serve as a model for other Jewish communities across North America.
The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Director to lead the newly created Palm Beach Center to Combat Antisemitism and Hatred. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to combat antisemitism and other forms of hate in the community. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to lead the newly created center and make a significant impact in the fight against antisemitism and hate. The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Executive Director to develop and execute the strategic plan for the Palm Beach Center to Combat Antisemitism and Hatred, in collaboration with the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County leadership and other community stakeholders.
- Builds and maintains relationships with community leaders, advocacy groups, government officials, and law enforcement agencies to advance the Center's mission.
- Develops and delivers educational programs to raise awareness about the impact of antisemitism and hate, and to promote understanding and respect among different communities.
- Works with community partners to develop and implement initiatives to combat antisemitism and hate, including but not limited to hate crimes and hate speech.
- Conducts research and analysis on antisemitism and hate in the community and provides regular updates and reports to the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County leadership and other stakeholders.
- Manages and supervises staff, volunteers, and interns, ensuring effective communication, collaboration, and accountability.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to develop and manage the Center's budget, ensuring that resources are allocated effectively and efficiently.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Success Factors:
- Bachelor's degree in civic and community engagement, public affairs or a related field required, Master's degree or better preferred.
- Seven or more years’ experience in Jewish communal, non-profit, public sector or related field or equivalent combination of relevant education, experience and skills required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Excellent research, written, verbal communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of basic office computing, including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), Zoom and basic database skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic plans, and to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to combating antisemitism and hate.
- Experience working collaboratively and effectively with diverse lay leaders, volunteers and colleagues.
- Experience with donor relation systems preferred.
- Knowledge of current events and understanding of Israel and the Jewish world, religion, tradition and values and core issues.
- Knowledge of and experience with the political process on national, state and local levels.
- Skilled in program development, management, and evaluation.
- Ability to think strategically and to help develop long-term goals for the Center.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations and communities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, multi-task, respond to urgent matters, and pay attention to detail.
- Passionate commitment to Jewish community, Israel, and public policy issues.
- Understanding of committee management and development.
- Must be able to pass Level 1 background check.
- Must be able to work off-shift hours including nights and weekends, as needed.
- Must maintain valid Florida driver’s license.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County currently offers the following benefits:
- A comprehensive benefits package including 15-25% of employee-only premiums paid for medical and dental and 100% of premiums paid for vision insurance.
- Federation contributions toward HSA accounts.
- Federation-paid Life/AD&D policy.
- Federation-paid long-term disability (LTD) insurance.
- Medical and dependent-care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
- Hybrid work schedule.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Generous paid holiday schedule.
The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Federation strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied identities and backgrounds. As an equal opportunity employer, all individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, financial status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Federation is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Mary Kay McGann at email@example.com for assistance.
To apply online, please visit our career’s page. Or email your resume and cover letter to: HRrsvp@jewishpalmbeach.org.
NO CALLS, PLEASE.