We believe in the mission of our work. We believe that together, we are able to accomplish something life-changing, both for ourselves and for those around us. The Associated strives to find the most talented and dedicated individuals. We are committed to helping our professionals reach their highest potential. Ready for a change? Discover where vision, creativity, and talent come together.
Director of Research
Are you experienced in exploring new research initiatives that can impact grant opportunities? Are you knowledgeable in using data and metrics into funding proposals? This opportunity could be right for you: The Associated: Jewish Federation of Baltimore is seeking a full time Director of Research.
The Director of Research will be responsible for overseeing research initiatives and helping to deepen The Associated’s use of data to inform decision-making. This position will partner with colleagues to develop and implement research to strengthen The Associated’s human service, Jewish engagement, and Israel and Global agendas. The Director will manage research efforts, which will include analyzing existing data sources and determining strategies to collect new information. In addition, this position will prepare reports and presentations to share research findings and impact materials with different stakeholders. The Director will also help with grant writing and will integrate data and metrics into funding proposals and reports.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop new research initiatives that help inform The Associated’s funding and planning decisions.
- Analyze existing agency and communal data to glean insights about strategies, impact, and possible gaps in services.
- Oversee communications related to research including written reports and oral presentations.
- Provide grant writing support, helping integrate data and metrics into compelling funder materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Five to eight years work-related experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; experience creating compelling communications for a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a track record of managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Experience and familiarity with budgets and financial reporting.
- Experience developing research plans and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ability to synthesize data and information from multiple sources to provide insights and learning.
- Ability to present data and research findings in an accessible format for people with varying levels of research experience.
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate in a team setting.
- Prior knowledge of the Jewish communal landscape is preferred.
What you will gain:
- A collaborative and supportive team environment
- Excellent mentorship and supervision
- Meaningful opportunities to craft research plans and data analysis
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to make a positive difference
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary range is $72,000-$77,000 and is commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience.
Hybrid office/remote work conditions
Occasional weekend and evening hours
Benefits & Perks:
The Associated offers a hybrid work environment that supports professional development and collaboration. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k) employer match, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, paid parental leave, holiday pay, wellbeing programming, and a complimentary membership to the Jewish Community Center. We also make work/life balance a priority by offering generous vacation and sick time.
Electronic submissions are preferred. Qualified Candidates apply here: Click here
This job ad is not intended to be all-inclusive, but to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. The Associated is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with our Jewish values, The Associated supports a thriving Baltimore that celebrates diversity and appreciates the unique combination of gender, race, age, religion and ethnicity, sexual orientation, intellectual and physical disabilities, and special qualities that each resident adds to the fabric of life in Baltimore. We welcome everyone interested in our mission to join us. If you require accommodations, please contact us, and we will make every effort to meet your needs.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.