Reporting to the Chief Philanthropy Officer, the incoming Director of Philanthropy will join a growing and strategic fundraising team committed to elevating philanthropy across the Houston Jewish community. This experienced professional will focus on building a dynamic and relevant Women’s Philanthropy program that cultivates, engages, and stewards the Federation’s current donors andrecruits new individuals. The Director of Philanthropy will work in collaboration with other team members to create a comprehensive fundraising strategy that continues to advance the mission of the Jewish Federation of Greater Houston. This role will give the incoming Director the opportunity to work under a collaborative leader, who takes pride in the success of their team.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Work in collaboration with volunteer leadership and philanthropy team to develop, energize, and implement a robust and relevant Woman’s Philanthropy program.
- Responsible for the management of a portfolio of major donors. Develops strategy and solicits major gifts from a portfolio comprised of primarily individuals and occasionally from firms, corporations, and foundations.
- Identifies, cultivates, and manages a large pool of prospective donors and qualifies leads.
- Work in collaboration with philanthropy team to create and implement a stewardship program that recognizes current donors with a focus on continuing and elevating their support
- Work in collaboration with philanthropy team and the Houston Jewish Community Foundationto solicit gifts of endowment and planned gifts
- Manage and implement an annual fundraising event focused on Woman’s Philanthropy
- Develop and implement educational and outreach programming to cultivate women who have the potential to become donors or leaders within the organization.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Philanthropy, Annual Campaign, to ensure achievement of Annual Campaign goals.
- Works in partnership with philanthropy colleagues and other departments to maximize fundraising efforts to advance the mission of the organization.
- Manage and develop a budget for Women’s Philanthropy.
- Recruit participants and where appropriate, serve as staff for delegations to regional, national and international Women’s Campaign conferences and missions.
- College Degree Required
- CFRE preferred or Master’s degree preferred
- 10 years of professional experience
- Team player and self-starter
- Understanding the Jewish community is essential
- Proven track record in soliciting major donors ($25,000+)
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities a must
- Experience working with volunteer leadership
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Presentation skills; ability to use databases, computer spreadsheets, word processing and other
- basic software programs required
- Strong public speaking and phone skills necessary
- Ability to travel internationally
- Must be able to attend community wide events on nights and weekends
This job requires prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer, frequent hearing and talking. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Jewish Federation of Greater Houston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ABOUT THE JEWISH FEDERATION OF GREATER HOUSTON
The Jewish Federation of Greater Houston is building a diverse team of highly motivated and qualified individuals with a variety of skills to support a new model of 21st century community engagement and philanthropy. The Federation is looking for candidates who are forward-thinking, self-motivated, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
The mission of the Jewish Federation of Greater Houston (www.houstonjewish.org) is to preserve and enrich Jewish communal life through innovative and visionary leadership that is responsible and responsive to Jewish communities locally, nationally, in Israel, and around the world.
Competitive Benefits options include:
- 401K Matching
- Health Benefits
- HSA or HRA contribution
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- Usual National plus Jewish holidays off
- Other optional benefits available include Dental, Vision, FSA, DCA, and LPFSA
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must apply through the Federation’s portal using this link Jewish Federation of Greater Houston - Director of Philanthropy in Houston (zohorecruit.com)