Reports to: Chief of Impact Officer
The salary range for this position is $80,000 – 100,000/year DOE.
The Jewish Federation professional team is mission-driven and dedicated to helping every member of Greater Washington’s Jewish community connect with purpose, at a time when maintaining those connections is more important than ever before. The Impact department, and specifically, the Jewish Journeys team, works to inspire, build, and sustain vibrant Jewish life in a changing world by mobilizing the 300,000+ Jewish community members in common purpose, intentional innovation, and effective action. Focusing on the District of Columbia, surburban Maryland, and Northern Virginia, we mobilize the community to generate low barrier entry points that enables people to engage in Jewish life in a way that is personally meaningful and relevant to sustain a vibrant Jewish life.
The Director, Jewish Journeys and Engagement is a pivotal role for community coordination and collaboration and will strive to generate engagement across key communal priorities. This includes leading cross-functional efforts to develop strategies in key priority areas to strengthen Jewish life and to coordinate the implementation of that work across the organization and the wider community.
- 6+ years of success within community programming, Jewish content, program management, or related fields
- 3+ years of managerial experience and a proven record of maintaining a collegial work environment
- Demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into executable strategy and driving cross-functional teams to deliver to established priorities with measurable positive impact on outcomes
- Demonstrated experience facilitating organization-wide initiatives involving stakeholders at all levels (professional and volunteer) and across all functional areas of a matrixed and integrated organization
- Experience convening a broad range of external stakeholder to collectively build and implement new initiatives and bring them to scale
- Experience with data collection practices and a strong ability to translate data into actionable insights – including surveys, diagnostics, and needs assessments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
Your Role and Responsibilities as Director, Jewish Journeys and Engagement
- With the full support of the Federation Leadership Team, foster successful relationships with partner agencies, executives, lay leadership, and other community organizations
- Define, create, and launch strategic initiatives that align with key milestones across an individual or family’s Jewish Journey and empower communal organizations to meet people where they are during these critical moments.
- Actively participate in communal conversations across other organizations to collaborate and coordinate toward collective goals
- Convene lay and professional leadership networks to develop, implement, and monitor strategies for strategy and planning across the Greater Washington DC Jewish community, working in partnership with community lay leaders and professionals, congregations, agencies, and schools to advance thought leadership, share best practices to build organizational capacity, and create and implement innovative new opportunities for programmatic development
- Financial Resource Development, Jewish Leadership and Learning, Allocations, and Marketing
- Executive Directors and Rabbis across the community
- Lay Leadership and Community Volunteers
- excellent health care and retirement benefits
- generous time off
- flexible work options
- opportunities and an annual stipend for continued professional development
- access to the JPRO Network, which connects, educates, inspires, and empowers professionals working in the Jewish nonprofit sector