REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Exempt
The Director of Donor Engagement is responsible for developing an overall strategy of donor engagement and non-traditional resource development, including (but not limited to): affinity groups, giving circles, outreach events, grants, individual and corporate sponsorships, planned giving initiatives and other related engagement and fundraising opportunities. The goal of the position is to maximize financial resources while broadening the donor base. The Director will work closely with other members of the development department in strategizing how to connect donors with their philanthropic interests and the organization’s priorities. The Director will also solicit, cultivate and steward a portfolio of mid-level donors and prospects.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of mid-level donors ($1K-$9,999K),
- Create and implement strategy for individual and corporate sponsors, giving circle(s), campaign affinity groups, grantors, and legacy donors, to deepen existing or create new donor connections to Federation and JCC.
- Work closely with annual campaign colleagues to identify prospects and opportunities for increased donor engagement.
- Coordinate events calendar with other colleagues, to ensure a balanced and workable calendar of donor engagement opportunities.
- Evaluate ways for engagement groups to partner and/or coordinate with one another around speakers, programs, or activities.
- Utilize Federation’s database CRM to consistently manage, track, and report on all aspects of donor relationships and engagement activities.
- Work closely with all professionals and lay leaders involved in engagement events, outreach efforts, grant research and writing, Life & Legacy, and individual and corporate sponsorships.
- Develop, oversee, and track relevant budgets.
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS
- 3-5 years of experience donor engagement and solicitation
- Proven success in developing/implement strategies to guide annual donor engagement efforts
- Grant research and writing experience
- Proficiency with fundraising database and CRM
- Innovative problem-solver
- Strong oral and written communication skills to support donor stewardship strategies, grant writing, and organization-wide marketing efforts
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with multiple “customers” including department heads, volunteer leaders, donors, colleagues and others
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications – Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerBI
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, customs and traditions, including knowledge of Israel
- Office environment; ability to occasionally lift up to 25lbs
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
Salary commensurate with level of experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org