The Development Director is responsible for vital revenue streams including but not limited to the annual fundraising campaign and corporate sponsorships. The director guides strategic planning processes within the development department in order to establish fundraising plans, secures new funding opportunities, develops new community partners, and maintains existing relationships with donors and lay leaders while actively seeking community partners. Additionally, the Development Director is responsible for stewarding and soliciting gifts from major and mid-level donors. The Development Director works alongside the Senior Vice President and together with the President and CEO to ensure the organization’s development efforts are robust and successful. Applicants should attach a cover letter along with their resume.
- Manage the campaign/development team of 3-6 professionals
- Assume a highly visible role in developing and maintaining relationships with donors and key lay leaders
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts from a diverse pool of donors
- Plan, coordinate, and implement strategic fundraising plans in order to increase the financial capacity of the Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona
- Develop and direct marketing efforts and communications with donors such as appeals, impact reports, and acknowledgements
- Communicate campaign progress with senior leadership and board
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced competency of CRM or constituent management systems and software, such as Raiser’s Edge.
- Has successfully lead sales or fundraising and development efforts with previous organizations.
- Completes tasks with velocity, accuracy, and timeliness, manages multiple projects to achieve established deadlines, and comfortably prioritizes and delegates tasks proactively and effectively.
- Experience in building and leading effective teams, clearly establishes roles and responsibilities and facilitates teamwork and the professional development of direct reports.
- Experienced in developing and executing fundraising/development strategies and plans.
- Manages and maintains realistic development budgets (revenue and expense) in conjunction with Senior Vice President and CFO.
- Displays excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present to outside groups and internal stakeholders and develop content for marketing and fundraising appeals.
- Experienced in planning and building relationships through donor conversations, fundraising events, and stewardship offerings.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least six years of increasingly responsible fundraising experience, including a track record of major and planned giving success, as well as efficacy with annual appeals, corporate sponsorships, direct mail, and capital campaigns is preferred.
- Four years of experience in a management or leadership capacity, including staff supervision, planning and budget development and management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; professional certification and/or advanced degree preferred.
- Experience successfully incorporating volunteer service programs into agency development strategies strongly preferred.
- Planned giving experience preferred.
- Experience in building endowments and conducting capital campaigns a plus.
- The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed, the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.
- Offer of employment contingent upon the result of state and federal background checks"
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Jewish Federation and Jewish Community Foundation of Southern Arizona are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other condition prescribed by federal, state, or local law.
Interested applicants should apply through this link: