Jewish Federation of Reading is a functional Federation serving Berks County.
In addition to the work of the Federation, the organization manages, staffs and financially supports the Jewish Cultural Center, Jewish Family Services Agency and other programs and collaborations associated with the mission of JFR.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Personal solicitations of donors and corporate sponsors.
- Assist President, Board and Campaign Chairs with planning and executing events including Major Gifts and fundraising and awareness events.
- Develop and maintain planned giving program consulting with President, Board and estate planning attorneys/professionals.
- Complete necessary gift recording, receipting, posting and billing on a timely basis.
- Prepare reports and filings for the campaign office (campaign reports, tax reports, grants, etc.).
- Maintain, update and manage a complete database of donor files (all contact information).
- Maintain and update fundraising office technology, participate in continuing education and training to enhance and keep current applied skills as necessary for Sage software or other donor/fundraising software.
- Assist in researching grant opportunities, tracking grant deadlines and application requirements. Oversee/monitor all mailings for development and marketing initiatives. (Holiday appeals, special events, donor acknowledgements, solicitation materials, campaign initiatives and special events).
- Participate in yearly performance appraisal and self-evaluation.
- Attend Federation/JCC and community at large events as assigned by supervisor.
- Attend annual General Assembly and other beneficial JFNA conferences o seminars as required. Other related development responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Track record of success managing and developing staff
- Track record of success in face-to-face solicitations
- Understanding of and ability to work collaboratively with volunteers and volunteer leadership
- Excellent communication and ‘people’ skills.
- MBA preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree a must and preferably two to five years of experience in fundraising or sales.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
William D. Franklin, President
Jewish Federation of Reading
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Preferred.