Reports To: Director, Women’s Philanthropy
Salary: $50,000 - $53,000
Position Accountabilities & Deliverables
Create and grow investors in the community.
- Implement development strategies to increase the dollars raised including a personal portfolio of approximately 80 donors and prospects.
- Plan and execute Women’s Philanthropy’s annual campaign event, L’Chaim, inclusive of: working with co-chairs, Women’s Philanthropy leadership, at-large committee, Communications, Women’s Philanthropy staff, and other needed staff members.
- Plan and execute communal services campaign (those working within the Jewish community in St. Louis) for the benefit of the Annual Campaign, together with lay leaders.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred. Minimum five (5) years’ experience in development, sales, or related field. Experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Event planning experience.
- Knowledge of St. Louis’ Jewish community, preferred.
- A front line fundraiser with proven track record of donor cultivation and solicitation experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and the ability to network to develop donor prospects.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to develop strategic plans and implement those plans. Excellent time-management with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tell compelling stories to inspire donors.
- Ability to use discretion when handling and communicating sensitive information.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products and CRM’s.
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis is the community’s central philanthropic, planning and community-building organization. Founded in 1901, it is one of the region’s largest and oldest nonprofit organizations. Federation is committed to the development and enhancement of a thriving, vibrant Jewish community through the support of approximately 100 local, national and international agencies, programs, services and innovative projects.
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis offers an extensive benefits package including health, dental, 403(b), paid vacation, paid holidays, sick and personal time, life insurance, LTD and more.
Jewish Federation of St. Louis is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration.