The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis (JFGI) is the central fundraising and community planning organization for the Indianapolis Jewish Community. With an Annual Campaign of $4.3 million dollars and endowment assets under management of nearly $100 million, the Federation supports and enriches the lives of Jews locally, nationally, in Israel, and around the world. We provide funding to several local and regional agencies, many national and overseas partners, and numerous independent programs that provide deeper connection and create Jewish community in Central Indiana. The Federation resides on and manages the operations of a 40-acre campus, and programs funded by the Federation create life-sustaining and life-changing impact, while inspiring and engaging members of the Indianapolis Jewish Community.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development and Endowment, the Development Associate will provide support for development objectives critical to achieving the Federation’s overall goals, database management, financial resource development and general office administration. The Development Associate will work in partnership with the professional team and volunteers on all facets of Federation fundraising initiatives, while providing database support for the Federation’s key data systems used for fundraising and development. The Development Associate will be responsible for creatively and efficiently planning, coordinating, and implementing fundraising events, as well as providing ongoing support for Annual Campaign activities.
- Implement Annual Campaign plans for direct mail, phonathons, e-philanthropy, volunteer training, Campaign worker management, and donor recognition
- Work with the professional staff, lay leaders, and other staff to implement a variety of activities related to the community’s Annual Campaign
- Attend and staff, as assigned, campaign events and/or committee meetings
- Assist staff and lay leaders with donor research and prospect management strategies
- Record and track donor/prospect management assignments and work with staff and lay leaders to ensure timely follow-up
- Produce Acknowledgement letters, cash collections, and reports as needed
- Assist with and solicit contributions to the Annual Campaign as appropriate
- Manage and lead all database activities, reporting, statistical analysis, and information maintenance
- Oversight of the Blackbaud CRM (GOLDA) database and liaison to I/T, Financial Services, and Marketing on related issues, reporting, and security
- Assure the integrity of the database by ensuring that all end-users are properly trained
- Design protocols and implement best practices for data collection, entry, and analysis
General Financial Resource Development
- Support and enhance the Federation’s presence with its many constituencies, promoting a collaborative and donor focused approach to development
- Support the organization’s strategic use of data to further goals and objectives related to donor, prospects, and leadership development
- Other duties and special projects that may be assigned by the Senior Director or the CEO
The work environment characteristics are representative of an office setting and is usually fast paced with constant stimulation and mobility. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff, leadership and program participants; meetings and programs may be conducted outside of the office. Expectations are that the individual will present a professional appearance and always behave in a professional manner, particularly when interacting with program participants and donors. Physical demands are primarily limited to operating general office equipment and tasks associated with event and program planning.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong attention to detail and strong project management experience
- Experience with e-philanthropy, direct mail, and volunteer management
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other departments
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Experience working with a database, strong analytical skills to ability to identify and resolve issues with the database
- Demonstrated ability to succeed under pressure in a dynamic environment and comfortable with change and working in undefined situations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Salary Range: $35,000-$42,000 based upon experience
Interested, qualified candidates should forward resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis follows CDC guidelines as it relates to COVID-19 protocols.