JEWISHcolorado is the result of a merger of three historic Colorado organizations: Allied Jewish Federation of Colorado, the Colorado Agency for Jewish Education (CAJE), and the Jewish Community Foundation of Colorado. Their legacies live on in JEWISHcolorado’s three primary areas of work. Through our educational programs, JEWISHcolorado furthers the transmission of timeless knowledge, education, and values. Our grantmaking programs infuse significant resources into the local, national, and global Jewish communities.
he Donor Services & Database Manager is primarily responsible for all matters related to data integrity and user services for the Donor Management System database. This position interacts with philanthropy, programming, events, and finance functions to ensure the strategic and effective collection of funds for JEWISHcolorado’s Annual Campaign and donor reporting needs for the organization. This position also oversees all internal processes for the fundraising campaign including pledge entry, payment entry, adjustments, donor acknowledgement letters, statements/invoices, agency payments and provides back-end support for questions and troubleshooting on individual donor accounts.
SUPERVISES: Donor Services Specialist
- Work with donors and various JEWISHcolorado departments to properly manage and track all donor pledges, payments and constituent data within Donor Management System.
- Manage methods for ensuring ongoing accuracy and integrity of constituent data.
- Manage and process external correspondence connected with Annual Campaign donations, including acknowledgement letters and quarterly remittance reminders.
- Actively engage with the Advancement, Event and Finance departments on all aspects of billing and payment processing.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the collections campaign including billing, communications, and lay and professional assignments.
- Liaise with Finance Department on the monthly reconciliation of pledges and payments and other reporting needs.
- Collaborate with other departments to obtain data for periodic updates (i.e., agency lists, etc.) as well as with Events Department to ensure proper reconciliation of all events.
- Initiate and manage the division rollover with the Campaign Department to include proper solicitor assignments within the database.
- Manage Designations in CRM, including creating and collaborating with Finance Department to ensure proper mapping and accounting.
- Investigate and identify reported problems with the system, coordinate solutions with the Jewish Federations of North America collective (group of Federation’s that use the same custom CRM) or software vendor as needed, including entering tickets for CRM Support, to ensure smooth Functional system operations.
- Learn the configuration options for DAVID and manage the configuration set up and changes for the DAVID environment.
- Respond to specific donor inquiries about pledges and payments.
- Collaborate with Finance & Donor Services Manager on integration with data requirements between DAVID CRM and JEWISHcolorado’s Planned Giving Database.
- Oversee the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and automated processes to ensure the efficient flow of data, smooth integration between and among systems, and the confidentiality and security of constituent information.
- Analyze data and generate key metrics to assist senior management with strategic decision- making.
- Generate regular reports and analytics to support the philanthropy and programming teams and all related functions.
- Collaborate with JEWISHcolorado staff to create and manage queries based on specific requests; Interpret colleague requests to include necessary and correct fields to produce accurate and timely donor information reports.
- Supervise and organize the year-end donor summary of dollars raised as required by the IRS and provide timely information to donors.
- Create data integrity reports to identify errors and supervise the correction of the data.
- Be an internal trainer, providing effective instruction and good customer service so all staff in the organization are empowered to use DAVID to meet their professional responsibilities and the organization’s overall goals.
- Establish in-house procedures for data management and help train employees on these procedures.
- Optimize the use of JEWISHcolorado’s fundraising software by staying current on upcoming enhancements and industry trends.
- Create and implement annual and long-range plans for fundraising technology that effectively and economically meet current and anticipated needs of JEWISHcolorado.
- Participate in Federation events and functions as needed.
- Maintain information on existing and new CRM’s and best practices in the federation system and non-profit development world.
- Perform critical thinking and high-level problem solving in execution of duties.
- Conduct data integrity testing, data clean-up tasks, and National Change of Address updates.
- Provide guidance on best practices, standards, policies, and procedures for data entry, staff training, and data security.
- Work closely with the JFNA collective and JEWISHcolorado’s IT service provider on database service packs, upgrades, plug-ins, feature testing, data uploads and mergers, as well as integration between donor database, accounting, and marketing systems as appropriate.
- Expert computer skills with proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Superior knowledge of CRM software such as Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software.
- Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone, in writing, through training and documentation
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and be detail oriented
- Discretion handling and communicating sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A positive attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree required in information systems, information technology, computer science, database science, or similar field
- Three to five years’ work experience in a fundraising database-related capacity.
- CRM and system administrative experience.
- Experience working in non-profit or education
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and its institutions is preferred
This position requires some time out of the office, limited travel, and active participation in programs that occur outside of a traditional work schedule.
Position Type: 37.5-hour per week; exempt; qualifies for all benefit packages
Working Conditions: This job can be physically demanding (which can include travel, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, twisting, constant walking, frequent sitting, and maintaining close visual attention to write reports; occasional lifting up to 30 pounds).
Salary Range: This position pays in the range of $62,000 - $75,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits package including health, dental, and vision, 401k matching and long- and short-term disability insurance.
Submit cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org