About the Jewish Federation of Broward County
Today, the Federation's strategic funding leverages the collaborative human and financial resources to create maximum impact. By combing the revenue streams from the Campaign, Designated Funds and the Jewish Community Foundation's Unrestricted Funds, Restricted Special Purpose Funds, ACE and LOJ Endowments, and Philanthropic Funds, over $13.5 Million was distributed during the 2019-2020 fiscal year. The Jewish Community Foundation of Broward County also was formed through the merging of the Foundation's of the Jewish Federation of South Broward and the Jewish Federation of Greater Fort Lauderdale, without the vision and leadership of these two Foundations the united Jewish Community Foundation would not be where it is today. As of May 31, 2018 the Foundation holds $110 million in investable assets, ensuring the future of the Jewish community and creating a legacy for each of its donors. Together with the Broward County Jewish community, the Jewish Federation of Broward County and the Jewish Community Foundation is making a true impact each and every day.
Enrich Jewish lives everywhere.
Inspire philanthropy to invest in Jewish life in Broward County, Israel and around the world by connecting people and igniting passion.
For more information about the Jewish Federation of Broward County, go to https://jewishbroward.org/.
About the Position
Jewish Federation of Broward County seeks a Chief Executive Officer with successful senior level experience, who is passionate about the Jewish community, continuity, and peoplehood and has a singular ability to engage, galvanize and inspire people. CEO candidates should have deep and relevant experience in driving success in five critical areas: Executive Leadership, Resource Generation and Development, Talent Development and Organizational Culture, and External Relations.
- Be a strategic visionary- Be passionate about the community and inspire the growth of the organization; be the public voice of Jewish Broward
- Major Gifts Development Strategy- Build a strategic outreach plan to grow the major gifts portfolio and continue to expand the Foundation and annual campaign
- Build and maintain intentional and inclusive culture- Work within the organization to create culture and professional development initiatives for staff
- Understand the ”Complexity” of Broward County- Learn the diverse populations of Broward; create ways to engage and empower each populations
- Be a leader and maintain partnerships in the Broward community- Convene agencies around relevant subjects and current events; showcase the partner agencies.
- Create a strategic vision, in partnership with the Board and community leaders, to guide the Jewish Federation into the future
- Execute and implement strategies and programs which carry out the shared vision formulated within the Board
- Motivate and inspire a large and complex Jewish community around important community issues
- Lead the Jewish Federation in consideration of the ever-changing needs of the Jewish community both locally and abroad
- Drive engagement with the members of the Board of Directors and the Board of Trustees through frequent communication and clearly established priorities
Resource Generation and Development:
- Lead the professional team responsible for planning and executing financial resource development within the community, with emphasis on developing effective strategies to increase both the Annual Campaign and the number of donors, diversify the donor base, and develop the next generation of donors
- Be personally active in building relationships with major donors, including the community’s multi-generational families, and soliciting these major contributors to the annual campaign, designated campaign and endowment funds.
- Be personally active in building relationships with current and prospective major donors; solicit these major contributors to the annual campaign, designated campaign and endowment funds
- Build a strategic outreach plan and a leadership pipeline for the unaffiliated Jewish community
Talent Development and Organizational Culture
- Provide on-going supervision, mentoring, professional development and growth to Jewish Federation professionals
- Recruit, lead, motivate, supervise, and evaluate a high-performance professional team that can effectively carry out the primary programs and mission of the Jewish Federation
- Ensure that the Jewish Federation’s human resources, operations and technology are aligned to meet its goals and expectations effectively
- Create an environment of team, collaboration, and appreciation; set and advance a positive culture within the organization
- Together with the Board Co-Chairs, serve as a key spokesperson of the Jewish Federation’s vision, values, programs, challenges and achievements; be the voice of Jewish Broward
- Represent the organization throughout the Jewish community and the community at large, with private and public funders and national and international Jewish organizations
- Build the Jewish Federation’s role as a resource, convener and a facilitator of strategic partnerships, programs and initiatives
- Deepen and strengthen the culture of cooperation both within the Jewish Federation and with its local agencies, synagogues and other organizations throughout the Greater Broward area
- Is charismatic, approachable and inspiring; understands how to motivate and engage people
- Has a deep passion of the Jewish community and a love of the state of Israel
- Track record of successfully participating in a not-for-profit, private, or public enterprise with a diverse and complex constituency
- Understands how to connect people to one another and organizations to other organizations; recognizes similar interests and missions
- Experienced in relationship building and high-end donor solicitations and has a gravitas that will be appealing to these donors
- Proven business and financial acumen, with experience leading positive and sustainable financial and cultural change within an organization.
- Exhibits evidence of fostering an atmosphere of commitment, teamwork, and positivity
- Demonstrates the highest degree of personal responsibility, accountability, and integrity
- Has strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Possess excellent organizational skills to successfully manage a variety of responsibilities with accuracy and within understood time frames
- Track record of a strong moral compass and being a hard worker
This position description is based upon material provided by the Jewish Federation of Broward County, an equal opportunity employer.
Sarah Raful Whinston, Senior Search Consultant
Sarah Jones, Associate
To apply to this position please visit http://drgsearch.com/current-searches/?rpid=6eFA7-JF9is