Jewish Community Partners Seeks energetic, experienced Campaign Director to lead $3.5 million campaign
Jewish Community Partners (JCP), the operating non-profit corporation of Memphis Jewish Federation and Jewish Foundation of Memphis, seeks a high energy, creative and experienced fundraising professional to lead the Federation's $3.5 million (and growing) annual community campaign.
With more than 1,000 donors contributing gifts ranging from $10 to $450,000 annually, the Federation's community campaign supports critical services through annual grants to local and overseas agencies & programs that sustain Jewish life in Memphis, Israel, and worldwide. Supported programs & organizations provide social services to Jewish families, connect Jews of all ages to each other and to the community, provide Jewish education, and offer meaningful ways for Jews to engage in Jewish life.
As the Campaign Director, you will work under the direction of the CEO and COO to partner with JCP board members and volunteers to develop and execute a comprehensive, multi-tiered annual campaign strategy with the goal of increasing support from prior donors and onboarding new donors.
This strategy will include:
- Recruitment, training, managing and inspiring campaign volunteers;
- Managing the solicitation of top donors, board members, community leaders and other targeted groups through individual cultivation and stewardship undertaken by staff and volunteers;
- Donor stewardship and recognition at all levels of the campaign;
- executing meaningful events and programs;
- Staffing campaign affinity groups such as Lions of Judah, Maimonides and Young Adults;
- Writing all campaign collateral material including direct mail letters, phoning scripts, reports, talking points and other assignments as needed to support a successful campaign;
- Utilizing data to track trends and identify opportunities for campaign growth;
- and all other activities deemed necessary to achieve the Federation's goal of increasing contributions from prior donors and onboarding new donors.
JCP's Campaign Director is:
- An experienced annual campaign fundraiser with a Federation (preferred) with a minimum of 3 annual campaign cycles under his/her belt (intensive volunteer experience in this role will be considered);
- A self-starter who is resourceful and maintains an upbeat, "can-do" attitude;
- Persuasive communicator both written and spoken, who can articulate a clear and inspiring case for giving;
- Extremely organized and focused, able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines;
- Well-versed in Jewish communal life, having both personal and professional exposure;
- Committed to Israel and internalizes the concept of Jewish peoplehood;
- An experienced implementer with a successful track record of executing special events.
JCP offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The position is located in Memphis, TN.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Michael Barnett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications: 3-5 years of experience.