WHO ARE WE?
The Jewish Federation of Cincinnati (“JFC”) ,the backbone Jewish organization, is hiring a Annual Campaign Director The JFC connects our community, solves big problems, and stewards community resources. We welcome all cultural backgrounds and faiths including those of every socioeconomic status, race, gender, national background, sexual orientation, gender identity, and physical, mental, and developmental ability. Grounded in Jewish values, together with you, our volunteers, and partner organizations, we support the vulnerable, nurture connections with Israel and Jewish communities globally, and protect and energize Jewish life. We feed the hungry, comfort the sick, care for elderly, and educate our youth. We are your community’s organization problem-solvers and opportunity-makers, committed to ensuring the strength and quality of Jewish life for our children and our children’s children.
The Annual Campaign Director will report to the Chief Development Officer and be responsible for the cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship of existing donors and new prospects for the Jewish Federation’s Annual Campaign. The ideal candidate will be a creative and analytical self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism with a passion for, and knowledge of, the mission of the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati. The candidate must also be a consummate team player who works effectively with a variety of constituencies.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
- Manage the Annual Campaign:
- Major Gifts ($10,000+)
- Community Campaign ($1,000-$9,999)
- Friends Campaign ($1-$999)
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with donors, increasing their engagement and investment in the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati.
- Identify, qualify and engage prospective donors in order to expand the number of donors at the $5,000+ level;
- Partner with staff and lay leadership to provide organization, support, and guidance for development strategies that will deepen investment and grow the annual campaign;
- Lead a corporate/professional dinner, special events, community receptions, donor stewardship programs, regional outreach and written appeals;
- Collaborate with program staff to engage existing and new donors to ensure total FRD;
- Manage the Young Adult Division Director, Women’s Philanthropy Director and Development Officers to execute the Annual Campaign
- Ensures the success of the annual campaign by providing leadership and support to the Campaign Chairs and committee
- Serves as the liaison between Campaign and Marketing/Communications in the development of campaign branding/marketing/advertising materials.
- Recruits, motivates, trains, and manages key campaign volunteers.
- Develops and executes yearly work plans for assigned campaign responsibilities to Lay Leaders and Internal Team.
- Analyze, organize and execute the annual campaign effort including performance measures, monitor results for reporting Annual Campaign goals.
- Maintains awareness of advancements in philanthropy and fund development, as well as the general fields of management and the not-for-profit sector.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates should have the following Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree;
- 5 years or more years prior development experience with non-profit organizations;
- Proficient in managing and interpreting development data;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient in MS Office, (especially Word and Excel);
- Experience with Blackbaud CRM preferred
- Ability to work under pressure while keeping a sense of humor;
- Goal-oriented, critical, and strategic thinking skills as well as creative and innovative thinking
Nature and scope of responsibilites:
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of the organization;
- Consistently work to create a donor-centered organization and a culture of philanthropy;
- Seek continuous professional development through reading the body of knowledge and staying current with research; participate in professional development opportunities;
- Demonstrates initiative and work as a team player and consistently meets desired goals.
- Serves as an ambassador for the Jewish Federation in our community. Including, but not limited to attending events.
- Represents the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati to peers at the regional, state and national level; and with other key members of the community.
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Solid public speaking experience
BENEFITS WE OFFER
- Robust Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance with employee health and wellness plan
- Talent Management & Professional Development programs and learning opportunities
- Competitive 401(k) program with company match and additional contribution opportunities
- Complimentary single membership to the Mayerson JCC Fitness Center + Discounts to the onsite Café and Spa
- F.S.A, Employer Matched H.S.A, life insurance, Voluntary Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, 529 College Savings Plan, Legal Shield plan
- Incredible Paid Time Off: 15 days vacation, 12 days of sick, and up to 10+ paid Jewish Holidays per year (in addition to federal holidays)
- Fun, collaborative, business-casual work environment
Please forward your resume to Gretchen Cogan, Talent Acquisition Manager, at email@example.com.