This document should serve as a high-level overview of the proposed work of the Associate VP Development – Annual Campaign & Operations.
The Associate VP Development – Annual Campaign & Operations is responsible for the strategic development, growth, and oversight of the Annual Campaign in coordination with the Vice President of Development. The Associate VP Development – Annual Campaign & Operations will lead development of campaign metrics and consistent reporting mechanisms for monitoring, tracking, and analyzing the progress of the Annual Campaign through moves management best practices.
The person in this position will also plan and attend donor development and cultivation events, set and implement cultivation and stewardship strategies, and serve as a front-line contact for new and prospective donors.
The Associate VP Development – Annual Campaign & Operations will play a key role in creating data management policies and procedures for Federation’s new CRM system. They will also have supervisory and volunteer management responsibilities, working as an integral part of the Development team and performing other duties as required or assigned.
Reports to the Vice President of Development and works closely with other department members. Maintains successful working relationships with Federation’s other departments and team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead, manage, and supervise Annual Campaign initiatives
- Develop Annual Campaign calendar to drive planning and implementation.
- Manage donor assignment process to achieve fundraising goals.
- Lead the goal-setting process for the campaign and total fund development resources, establishing pertinent metrics, tracking progress, and adjusting course as needed.
- Accurately monitor campaign projections and ensure alignment with action plans.
- Develop and execute strategies for Annual Campaign marketing and gratitude efforts including direct mail, telemarketing, digital outreach, case for giving, and solicitation tools in partnership with VP of Marketing.
Drive data analysis and metrics
- Develop and implement Development processes utilizing current and future CRM to achieve the fundraising goals of the Federation.
- Ensure processes, including moves management, are donor-centric and operationally efficient.
- Review and evaluate campaign-related data to identify strategic campaign opportunities and increase efficiency and impact.
- Track divisional and individual goal achievements against department and organizational strategies and objectives, in collaboration with VP of Development.
- Work with Finance team to ensure alignment of donor database and financial records.
- Stay abreast of financial resource development best practices to continuously improve operations.
- Manage special projects as requested by the VP of Development.
Facilitate strong, healthy donor relationships
- Manage a portfolio of donors with growth goals and engagement strategies.
- Work to ensure a balanced events calendar in consultation with AVP, Women’s Philanthropy and VP of Marketing.
- Work with Director of Business Partners and Affinities and Emerging Leadership Director to strategize engagement and events.
- Spearhead Development team activities for HINENI, our annual community fundraising and recognition event.
- Identify targeted growth strategies for each affinity group/recognition society.
- Identify partnership opportunities in and among affinity groups and facilitate ease of movement between affinity groups.
- Work with volunteer leaders and committees.
- Oversee Development volunteer engagement and training process in partnership with VP of Development & AVP, Women’s Philanthropy.
- Design Annual Campaign education and training opportunities for staff and volunteers.
Demonstrate leadership within the Development team and organization
- Cultivate a collaborative team culture to support the team’s successes.
- Assist with department budgeting process.
- Assist affinity group managers in budgeting process.
- Review budget status throughout the year.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of development or sales experience.
- A proven track record of donor cultivation and solicitations or sales that achieve organizational fundraising goals.
- The passion and ability to develop strategic plans and implement those plans.
- Ability to manage and grow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to tell compelling stories that inspire donors.
- Knowledge of Greater Hartford’s organized Jewish community is strongly preferred.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.