Associate, Leadership Development - Detroit
Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit
Bloomfield Hills MI
The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit is the primary instrument of Jewish philanthropy and engagement in Southeast Michigan. We are a community-driven organization committed to taking care of the needs of the Jewish People and building a vibrant Jewish future, in Metropolitan Detroit, in Israel, and around the world.
The Leadership Development Department serves as a central hub for the cultivation and stewardship of volunteer leaders in the Jewish Detroit. Central to our department’s mission is supporting the growth of volunteer leaders as they move through their journey of within the Federation and broader community through volunteer service, including but not limited to roles on our committees, special projects, and board of governors
Leadership Development is truly the heart and soul of our organization and community. Our work exists at the intersection of Jewish wisdom and sector-wide best practices. It is in the programs and responsibilities of this department that individuals move from participants to leaders helping to build and sustain our community for generations to come.
The responsibilities of this position fall under two major categories, and include:
Programming and Engagement: Creating meaningful and generative opportunities is essential to furthering the impact of our work and the capacity of our lay leaders. Your programming and engagement will include:
- Coordinating and stewarding collaboration between various department’s Leadership Programming.
- Creation and development of new programs as needs are identified.
- Overseeing Federation’s annual Awards Night celebration.
- Working with the Director of Leadership Development to create and execute community-wide leadership development programs and seminars.
- Facilitating the NEXTGen Detroit Liaison program.
- One on one stewardship and engagement of volunteer leaders.
- Possible travel on Federation Missions
Data and Systems: Essential to our department is the maintenance and evolution of data and systems that support our impact of the community we serve. The data and systems aspects of your portfolio will include:
- Manage committee membership, appointments, and rotation.
- Follow up and directing of website involvement inquiries.
- Coordination with the Data Systems and Integration Team to:
- Track participants and identify next steps
- Ensure timely gathering and submission of program analysis
Who you are:
Successful candidates for this position will be individuals with a passion for learning, leadership, and communal service with an ability to excel while managing and supporting diverse concurrent initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Generous disposition to interpersonal relationships with a track record of successfully cultivating relationships amongst a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Basic understanding of nonprofit leadership, governance, and structures.
- Detail oriented with a high capacity to manage multitask, stay organized, and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish community.
Added bonus if you:
- Have a background in leadership development and/or leadership education.
- Are familiar with the contemporary trends in Jewish community leadership.
- Have experience staffing an organizational board or committee.