Known as a paradise for outdoor lovers and one of the most beautiful places to live in the USA, Utah is nothing short of extraordinary, as is its Jewish community. The area offers some of the most incredible and diverse landscapes on the planet from colorful desert sands to red-rock ridges and snow-covered mountains.
Located in Salt Lake City and serving the entire state, the United Jewish Federation of Utah is seeking an Assistant Director to plan and implement fundraising and programming efforts for the Federation. Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will cultivate, steward, and manage donor relationships and will be responsible for campaign and affinity group programming. This position is part of a focused effort to enhance the Federation’s donor base and to attract the next generation of donors and community leaders. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the work of the Jewish Federation and be passionate about building community.
- Design and implement strategies to develop, recruit, train, and inspire campaign volunteers.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors through in-person visits and other forms of direct personal contact.
- Plan and coordinate Campaign related events, including yearly gala, summer party, donor thank you, etc as well as seek sponsorship opportunities for same.
- Work with Executive Director, Campaign Chair and Marketing coordinator in the development of campaign collateral material.
- Oversight of Affinity Groups, including Lion of Judah, Women’s Philanthropy, Men’s & Women’s Programming.
- Act as staff liaison to Life & Legacy Committee
- Serve as an ambassador of the Jewish Federation to the community with focus on deepening relationships with current and prospective donors, as well as members of the interfaith community.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Attributes and Competencies
- Experienced campaign fundraiser with 3 years of professional or volunteer experience.
- A self-starter who is resourceful, upbeat and with a “can do” attitude and who is well organized and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication, organization, writing and speaking skills.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and leadership skills.
- Strong computer literacy and familiarity with donor data bases.
- Flexibility – some weekends and evenings will be required in association with special events or community programming.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission of the Federation.
The work is normally sedentary. There is walking, standing bending, and carrying of light items such as boxes, books, etc. When assisting with events, there is lifting up to 25lbs and there may be periods of prolonged standing. During peak times, i.e. special events, fundraising events, etc., all UJFU staff will be asked to work additional time outside of normal working hours.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to Jobs@shalomutah.org