Prime Minister’s Council Mission to Berlin and Israel, Oct. 11-18, 2015
Optional Pre-Mission to Vienna, Oct. 9-11
TAKE AN UNFORGETTABLE JEWISH JOURNEY
Jewish life in Berlin is thriving, diverse and not without challenges. An influx of Jews from Russia, a growing young Israeli population, and a backdrop of rising European anti-Semitism set the stage for a fascinating and complex visit to a changing community.
Join influential philanthropists like yourself on an extraordinary mission. Experience Jewish life in both Israel and Berlin. Examine the fascinating bond between the two and get a behind-the-scenes look at present-day challenges.
Witness the impact of our work in Israel and overseas, and meet inspiring modern heroes. Register now and join us for this unique journey.
Discover Jewish renewal, immerse yourself in a thriving art scene, and visit landmarks including…
• Daniel Libeskind’s spectacular post-modern Jewish Museum
• The historic Jewish Quarter, the New Synagogue with its golden dome, and the Old Jewish Cemetery
• Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag and the showcase royal boulevard Unter den Linden
• The Berlin Wall and Checkpoint Charlie
• The Holocaust Memorial and the site of the infamous Wannsee Conference, where the Final Solution was announced.
Explore the challenges of the new European olim, meet the next generation of Israel’s women leaders, and experience Israel in new ways…
• Private charter flight from Berlin to Ovda Air Force Base in Israel with festive welcome by Israeli Air Force officers and soldiers.
• Overnight at the new Beresheet hotel, on the cliffs of the breathtaking Ramon Crater
• Helicopter flight to Jerusalem
• Get to know Israel’s heroes and hear their remarkable stories
• Cocktail reception with President Reuven Rivlin
• Just confirmed! Meeting with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
Join us for a pre-mission to the stunning city of Vienna…
• Visit Lanzman Café, frequented by both Herzl and Freud, and Freud’s home featuring his famous couch
• Pay respects at the Holocaust memorial
• Experience Vienna’s museum trinity: the white limestone cube of the Leopold Museum, the Kunsthalle Wien occupying the old winter riding hall, and the black basalt MUMOK.
• Explore the city’s many bike paths, enjoy an evening at a local vineyard, and ride on a giant 19th-century ferris wheel
• Hear from Ed Serotta, journalist, photographer and filmmaker specializing in Jewish life in Central and Eastern Europe
For more information please contact:
Tikva Mahlab at 212.284.6528 /tikva.mahlab@JewishFederations.org or
Beverly Woznica at 818.383.3585 /beverly.woznica@JewishFederations.org.
Click here for a tentative itinerary.
$2,485 per person double occupancy (includes Austrian Airlines Flight 291 from Vienna to Berlin, Oct. 11)
$366 single supplement
Berlin and Israel
$8,995 per person double occupancy (includes flight from Berlin to Israel)
$1,395 single supplement
$4,800 per person double occupancy
$570 single supplement
The mission cost includes traditional PMC premium hotel rooms. Subject to availability, upgraded rooms may be booked for additional cost on the registration site.
Vienna: Imperial Hotel, Friday, October 9 – Sunday, October 11
Berlin: Adlon Hotel, Sunday, October 11 – Thursday, October 15
Mitzpe Ramon: Beresheet Hotel, Thursday, October 15 – Friday, October, 16
Jerusalem: David Citadel, Friday, October, 16 – Sunday, October 18 (late check-out)