Experience the true heart of Israel.
Join with fellow adventurers (22-45), and experience an Israel not open to the average visitor. Feel the spirit of tikkun olam at work, as you connect with Israelis from all walks of life, who are making an impact in the present and on the future. Experience everything from taking an amazing jeep ride through the Golan Heights to discovering the nightlife of Tel Aviv.
Go on the one Israel mission that takes you beyond tourism.
- Attend exclusive briefings from top Israeli newsmakers, experts and opinion leaders
- Teach and learn alongside Ethiopian-Israeli youth in an English language summer school program
- Visit the Golan Heights and learn about the strategic dangers threating the State of Israel
- Celebrate a spiritual and meaningful Kabbalat Shabbat overlooking the Mediterranean in Tel Aviv
- Help prepare and deliver food to families in need as part of an ongoing volunteer project in Jerusalem
- Learn about the extraordinary work of Federation and our partners, and the ripple effect that you set in motion, changing lives and doing good throughout Israel and all over the world
Mission Costs: Land price (double occupancy): $2,899. Single supplement: $919
*Price includes first-class hotel accommodations, transportation, guides, most meals, taxes, tips, group transfers, and security.
Mission Co-chairs: This year’s Mission Co-Chairs are Michelle Hirsch (Cleveland) and Jeffrey Rum (Washington, D.C.). Michelle and Jeffrey are the incoming NYL Co-Chairs and will be chairing the mission in order to connect more closely with those they will be representing this year.
Eligibility: Suggested voluntary commitment is $500 to the 2018 Annual Campaign.
Registration deadline: Friday, June 2, 2017
Hear from the 2016 mission co-chairs:
"I have been on four different missions to Israel in the past few years. I have loved every one of them and they have all changed my life for good. When you go on a mission, you become more inspired and fall deeper in love with the amazing beauty of Israel. You feel the importance of becoming more involved in your community and your Jewish world. And you create a strong Jewish bond with a global community and make long-lasting friendships"
"Going on the NYL Summer Mission is about being a part of something greater than yourself, being inspired and changing the world together. It’s about building a better future through Jewish Federation with an extended family of new friends from across North America."
"Now more than ever, I feel a profound responsibility to support the State of Israel and encourage young adults to build strong bonds with our homeland. The NYL Summer Mission will strengthen your Jewish identity, linking your heart and soul to the land of Israel."