JFNA's Planned Giving & Endowments (PG&E) department and The Harold Grinspoon Foundation are sponsoring a professional leadership gathering, hosted by the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago, beginning at 4:00 pm on Sunday, June 14 and ending at 1 pm on Tuesday, June 16, 2015.
The event will be held at the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago, BEN GURION WAY, 30 S Wells St., Chicago, IL 60606.
This professional development opportunity brings together those directly involved as Legacy Program Coordinators, Endowment Directors, Foundation Directors, or annual campaign staff who are actively engaged in a Federation/Jewish Community Foundation legacy effort.
Topics and Presenters include:
- How to have fresh, spontaneous persuasive legacy conversations utilizing "Ditch the Pitch" techniques - Steve Yastrow, President, Yastrow and Company
- Words that Work for 2015: A review of the latest research from 15,000 surveys telling us about the words and phrases that encourage planned giving - Russell James, J.D., Ph.D., CFP®, Professor, Department of Personal Financial Planning at Texas Tech University
- Reinventing Planned Giving for the 21st Century Donor – Brian M. Sagrestano, JD, CFREPresident and CEO, Gift Planning Development, LLC
- Stewardship 3.0 – Building and Sustaining Relationships and Team Motivation - Carol Seidman, M.S.W., CFRE, Director, Tomorrow Campaign, UJA Federation of Greater Toronto
- Motivating Legacy Teams after Short-Term Goals are Achieved - Carol Seidman, M.S.W., CFRE, Director, Tomorrow Campaign, UJA Federation of Greater Toronto and Arlene D. Schiff, National Director, LIFE & LEGACY, Harold Grinspoon Foundation.
- Time for networking, focus groups and sharing of best practices
The current version of the meeting agenda can be found here.
A per person fee of $100 is required for attendance at the CJL/L&L meeting. The registration fee includes Sunday dinner, Monday breakfast and lunch and Tuesday breakfast, transportation from hotel to Sunday evening dinner, Second City performance, speakers, materials and other conference-related costs. Each person attending is required to register for the conference and for hotel accommodations (if needed) on this website. The registration fee will be charged to your credit card upon completion of online registration.
Credit cards are required for hotel reservations and all hotel reservations must be booked online through this registration site. The registration deadline is Tuesday, May 12, 2015, after which hotel accommodations are subject to availability. There is a major interior design conference taking place in Chicago at the same time so you are encouraged to book your accommodations early. A block of rooms has been contracted at the HYATT CENTRIC The Loop Chicago (100 W Monroe St, Chicago, IL 60603) at a discounted rate of $319 plus tax per night for single or double occupancy. This is a brand new boutique hotel offering complimentary wifi, soft drinks and coffee. It is located 0.15 miles (a short walk) from the Federation. Accommodations for pre- and post- conference dates may be available at the discounted conference price subject to hotel availability.
Your registration confirmation may be printed after completion of the registration process. Additionally an emailed acknowledgement will be sent to you via the email address you provided. Please make note of your confirmation number which you may use at a later date to modify your registration if needed.
Cancellation Policy: The registration and housing provider must be notified of registration or hotel cancellations in writing at JFNA-Registration@wyndhamjade.com. All hotel cancellations must occur at least 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid a one-night hotel charge. Registration cancellations must be made via email to JFNA-Registration@wyndhamjade.com. Registration cancellations received by Tuesday, May 12th will be assessed a $25 cancellation penalty. Registration cancellations received after May 12th will be non-refundable.
For questions regarding the registration and/or housing process, please contact registration headquarters at JFNA-Registration@wyndhamjade.com.