Job Title: Development Associate ELP
Date Last Updated: 4/22/2013
Job ID #: 9899
Campaign/Financial Resource DevelopmentOrganization Name:
UJA-Federation of New YorkLocation:
New York, New YorkStatus:
UJA Federation of New York
Development Associate Emerging Leaders and Philanthropists
About the Organization
The world’s largest local philanthropy, UJA-Federation of New York cares for those in need, rescues those in harm’s way, and renews and strengthens the Jewish people in New York, in Israel, and around the world. Funds raised by UJA-Federation sustain the activities of more than 100 health, human-service, educational, and community agencies. Every day, these community-based organizations provide a multitude of services that improve and enhance people’s lives. For more information, visit UJA-Federation’s website at www.ujafedny.org.
Become a part of the exciting Emerging Leaders and Philanthropists (ELP) team and help a new generation of New York Jews ages 23 to 45 reach their full potential as leaders, volunteers, and philanthropists through UJA-Federation’s work and mission. Create new and innovative ways of engaging and exciting young people in our incredible work through a range of volunteer, fundraising, social, cultural, educational, and leadership development opportunities. Find new ways to collaborate with other fundraisers and professional groups to maximize benefits to the donor.
- Manage Young Healthcare.
- Assist ELP manager with mission and conference execution, including ELP’s Taglit-Birthright Israel buses.
- Work on various outreach and engagement activities.
- Assist in volunteer engagement activities.
- Assist in leadership development activities.
- Maintain ELP webpage and be main contact for all general inquiries.
- Maintain monthly community newsletter and facilitate mass marketing initiatives, staying in touch with the pulse of our donors through reading publications they read, being active on websites and services they frequent, and being present at events they attend.
- Secure gifts through one-on-one outreach, events, and other programming.
- Create new and out-of-the-box divisionwide events, intimate briefings, and networking receptions throughout the year.
- Cultivate and manage a lay executive committee.
Competencies and Prior Experience
Desired Education Degree/Level:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two years of fundraising experience preferred.
- Relationship-builder, social networker, and creative problem solver.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Passion for making a difference in the world through Jewish communal work and knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community.
- Must be a team player with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills, especially the art of listening.
2-5 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA MCLE - BJContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.