Job Title: Executive Director, Bronfman Jewish Education Center
Date Last Updated: 12/15/2013
Job ID #: 11017
Other Organization Name:
Executive Director, Bronfman Jewish Education Center
Federation-CJA – Montreal, Canada
The Bronfman Jewish Education Center (BJEC) is seeking an experienced professional to galvanize Jewish groups in our diverse community around a shared passion for Jewish education broadly defined. Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be a catalyst for planning and implementing a bold vision for Jewish education and identity in Montreal that weaves formal, informal and experiential education into a coherent whole to reach and inspire all segments of the Montreal Jewish Community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the Board of Directors, develop a strategic plan aimed at identifying a broader role for BJEC as a leader in building Jewish education and identity in Montreal.
- Develop and implement a plan to improve the quality and scope of Jewish education in Montreal, working with the Jewish Day Schools, as well as providers of supplementary Jewish education, camps, Israel experience and other potential sources of informal and experiential Jewish education.
- Strengthen BJEC’s role as a source of support and thought leadership for Jewish education and identity in Montreal, for diverse Jewish institutions including camps, schools, synagogues, for the Federation system and other Jewish organizations as appropriate.
- Develop expertise and awareness of trends and model practices in Jewish education including emerging modes of engagement, and ensure that programs and services in Montreal are both responsive to community needs and reflective of state of the art approaches in the field.
- Strengthen relationships with community institutions including Jewish Day Schools, camps, synagogues, federation staff and providers of complimentary education for youth, young adults and families with a view to assisting in the development of educational frameworks necessary to meet their goals.
- Convene affinity groups to foster collaboration and inform communal priorities.
- Establish organizational and communal benchmarks and create systems to measure and report outcomes.
- Foster and model a creative, accountable, success-oriented and positive environment and organizational culture.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Desired Education Degree/Level:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Jewish communal formal and informal education.
- Steeped in Jewish knowledge, meaning and learning.
- Understanding of the complexities of the Jewish educational and identity arena and conversant in the trends and emerging models in the field.
- Proven leadership with the ability to clearly and convincingly articulate the mission of the agency and motivate support.
- Strong management skills
- Experience in supervising staff, building collaborative teams, working in partnership with lay leadership and developing relationships with diverse community institutions.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills with the ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives.
- Personal commitment and passion for Jewish life, Jewish community and Israel, and a dedication to pluralism.
- Knowledge of French and Hebrew an asset.
- Experience with budget management and marketing preferred.
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Adept at MS Office software, social media and knowledge of educational technology.
10 or moreContact For Job:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.