Job Title: Senior Designer
Date Last Updated: 2/27/2014
Job ID #: 10958
Marketing & CommunicationsOrganization Name:
Jewish Federations of North AmericaLocation:
New York, New YorkStatus:
Senior Web Designer, Strategic Marketing & Communications
Jewish Federations of North America
New York, NY
The Jewish Federations of North America promotes, supports and leads 153 Jewish Federations and over 300 Network communities, which raise and distribute more than $3 billion annually for social welfare, social services and educational needs. These Federations, collectively among the top 10 charities on the continent, protect and enhance the well being of people worldwide.
The Senior Designer is a talented and creative professional capable of design in multiple media in a mission-focused institution. The Senior Designer should be a self-motivated and innovative person with strong conceptual skills and great ideas and significant experience in online and digital design. This person would be joining a dynamic team keen on innovating communications tools. This position reports to the Creative Director, Strategic Marketing & Communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish the conceptual and stylistic execution for projects and campaigns, sometimes from scratch and other times at the direction of the creative/art director.
- Design across a variety of media, particularly Web, social and digital and mobile applications.
- Display strong grasp of typography, photography and information architecture.
- Work with strategic and editorial partners, art directors to develop design solutions.
- Manage own accounts and projects, work within budget and scheduling requirements.
- Plan and art direct selected photo shoots and location visits.
- Keep abreast of design trends.
- Develop capacity to leverage Keynote, PowerPoint integration with Photoshop and Illustrator to create dynamic presentations.
- Communicate via phone calls and emails with clients, professional consultants, lay leaders and vendors
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
Desired Education Degree/Level:
- B.A. in graphic design or similar field
- Five to seven years experience in an agency, or non-profit environment
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) is a must
5-10 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA MCLE - RKContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.