Job Title: Resource Development Associate
Date Last Updated: 11/1/2013
Job ID #: 10952
Campaign/Financial Resource DevelopmentOrganization Name:
Jewish Federation of ClevelandLocation:
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE –
FOUNDATIONS AND CORPORATE SPONSORSHIPS
Jewish Federations of Cleveland
The Jewish Federation of Cleveland is seeking a Resource Development Associate to join its Development Team. The individual selected will be responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to cultivate and steward corporate, community and private foundations and corporate sponsorship programs and prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to those sources. This position is also responsible for managing a small portfolio of Federation-affiliated supporting foundations.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants and identify potential funders for the Federation’s ongoing and special programs.
- Assemble proposals and LOIs for submission, including all required documentation and packaging. Maintain quality control over grant submittals.
- Develop professional working relationships with private, public, and corporate funder contacts.
- Maintain a current roster with contact information, application deadlines, and invoice and report deadlines.
- Work with the Fiscal department to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Review and develop a thorough understanding of all current Federation programs.
- Manage timely completion of grant reports and renewal applications as required by foundation and corporate donors. Keep and follow reporting and renewal calendar, prepare reports and renewals for submission, and obtain necessary information from program managers as required.
- Make appointments for Senior Development Staff with foundation and corporate officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters
- Keep Vice President for Endowments and Development informed of grant application and reporting activity, awards and declines; submit monthly internal reports of activity.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Manage a small portfolio of supporting foundations, working with families to facilitate and coordinate annual grant making. Prepare all pre- and post- meeting materials and minutes.
- Present to those foundations high priority projects of the Federation and its beneficiary agencies; advocate for the funding of those projects.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of lay leadership and donors in order to develop relationships between them and the Federation; ability to be both analytical and relationship oriented in approach.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards, with a commitment to excellence
- Participate in the implementation of the Federation’s development plan
- Participate in special events, recognition and stewardship programs as appropriate
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Assist in all capacities as may be appropriate on behalf of Federation Development (community building and fundraising) efforts, including the Federation’s annual Campaign for Jewish Needs
- Adhere to the Federation’s Guiding Principles as outlined in the Federation’s Development Plan and ensure that all work is guided by Jewish values.
Desired Education Degree/Level:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of two years experience in promotion, cultivation and stewardship of foundation and corporate funding sources or similar experience.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources and basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional and corporate donors.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
2-5 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA MCLE - BJContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.