Job Title: Development Assistant/Database Administrator
Date Last Updated: 5/20/2014
Job ID #: 10884
Campaign/Financial Resource DevelopmentOrganization Name:
Jewish Community Association of Greater PhoenixLocation:
Development Assistant/Database Administrator
Jewish Community Association of Greater Phoenix
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
The Development Assistant/Database Administrator will assist all members of the development team as well as assume primary responsibility for administering the Association’s fundraising database.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain and update fundraising database profiles
- Enter gifts and pledges into database
- Generate pledge cards and reports
- Provide reports to and respond to inquiries from volunteer solicitors
- Prepare acknowledgment letters and statements
- Triage incoming calls for Development team
- Provide support for various events (both large and small)
- Manage event registration and assist with event planning
- Coordinate meeting logistics, attend meetings and take minutes when requested
- Provide support for developing and maintaining systems
- Provide support for other fundraising activities, e.g., mailings and phonations’
- Perform basic research and other duties as assigned
Required Skills / Abilities / Characteristics:
- Strong interpersonal skills, passionate about customer service (both internal and external), and ability to adapt communication style to various audiences
- Ability to work without supervision, take initiative and design and implement systems.
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills required, including: advanced use of Microsoft Office; familiarity with (or willingness to learn) online tools and programs that will streamline administrative processes; comfortable with (or willingness and ability to learn): Doodle, Survey Monkey, Internet research tools and other resources to collect information; desire to learn and use new technology, including contact relationship management and grants management systems, to streamline and simplify administrative functions of the department.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; research skills; ability to analyze, think critically and explain alternatives clearly.
- Ability to work as part of a professional team with enthusiasm and commitment.
- Fast learner, hard worker and team player with a positive can-do attitude and a willingness to always be learning and improving skill sets.
- Embrace challenges and work to improve the administrative functions of the department and the organization as a whole.
- Demonstrated skills in event management preferred.
- Knowledge of Jewish values and previous work in the Jewish community a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS / LOCATION:
Scottsdale, Arizona – Administrative offices
As needed and required by the position.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / DEMANDS:
Standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, stretching.
EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED TRAINING:
A bachelor’s degree or minimum of two years of experience in a non-profit organization.
Minimum 3 years of experience in database administration, including adding records, updating profiles, generating reports, etc. Prior experience with Sage and/or Constant Contact a plus.
MUST PRACTICE AND PROMOTE SAFETY AT ALL TIMES
Desired Education Degree/Level:
2-5 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.