Job Title: Communications & Public Relations Manager
Date Last Updated: 8/6/2013
Job ID #: 10815
Marketing & CommunicationsOrganization Name:
Jewish Federation of ClevelandLocation:
Communications & Public Relations Manager
Jewish Federation of Cleveland
The primary responsibilities of the Communications and PR Manager are to develop dynamic, forward-thinking marketing approaches to 1) writing and editing compelling communications materials, 2) building strong relationships with the media, and 3) developing and maintaining a streamlined editorial calendar. Communications materials will be written for a variety of mediums, including print, web and social media. Writing and editing requirements include but are not limited to press releases, newsletter articles, fundraising letters, invitation content, blog posts, Facebook posts, and tweets. It is possible that video scripting and/or script writing for events may also be required. It will be essential to develop strong relationships with traditional and non-traditional media to propel forward Federation stories of impact. The Communications and PR Manager will pitch and place stories in both the Jewish and general media, expanding the organization’s public presence. Additionally, the role requires managing content across multiple platforms through the use of an editorial calendar. Reports to Director of Marketing & Communications.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tell the Federation story through effective, dynamic content creation.
Interview people from diverse demographic backgrounds and explore fresh ways to tell unique stories.
o Write and edit appropriate copy for a variety of communications outlets,
including print, web and social media.
o Develop and maintain an editorial calendar to streamline communications
efforts and ensure stories are told in a cohesive way through multiple
- Expand the Federation’s public presence through media relations.
o Act as a liaison to media, developing relationships to understand where to
pitch specific stories and when.
o Identify public relations opportunities within the organization, partnering
with agencies as needed to garner positive attention to the Federation and
o Explore new opportunities with non-traditional public relations outlets.
- Develop and maintain the Federation brand.
o Assist in the creation of a brand standards guide.
o Assist in the development of key messaging to be used across the
o Assist in the organization-wide brand standards “roll-out” and ensure
organization wide adherence to new policies, procedures and protocols in
support of the new brand.
Desired Education Degree/Level:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or other related field required. Masters degree, preferred.
- 5-7 years of practical experience in a professional environment, preferred.
- Non-profit experience, as a professional staff member or as a lay leader/volunteer is a plus, but not required
- This highly creative position requires excellent time management and interpersonal skills, able to develop relationships with media to expand the organization's public presence
- Expertise in writing/editing for multiple communications outlets, including print, web and social media.
- Experience creating and managing an editorial calendar.
- Must be able to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Knowledge of Jewish customs and traditions, required.
5-10 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA MCLW - RKContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.